Rear knocking

Dave205

Reaction score
Hi I've a 2008 A3 TDI QUATTRO with a very annoying knocking/ rattle mainly on the O/S rear quarter, this only happens on uneven roads smoother motorway type roads it seems fine or if these some weight on back seats/ boot. I've checked for all the usual loose things and the garage I use has said everything is fine. Hope this is a common fault that someone has come across before I start spending a fortune on a lucky dip parts replacement.

I have a similar rattle sounds like a tinny rattle, mines a loose plastic cover on the rear arm.. worth a check?

Reactions: Dave205
I have a similar rattle sounds like a tinny rattle, mines a loose plastic cover on the rear arm.. worth a check?
Sounds a good possibility, I'll check it out and see, cheers.

Looking underneath, and despite what the expert garage said I've found the bump stops are shot. No signs of loose plastic trim,(cheers anyway jamesh87 ), so that's my starting point.

Looking underneath, and despite what the expert garage said I've found the bump stops are shot. No signs of loose plastic trim,(cheers anyway jamesh87 ), so that's my starting point.
Hope you get it sorted buddy

Reactions: Dave205