Is it the dirtiest car ever......

chanlon1

Reaction score
Website
www.babybmw.net
Nearly 4 weeks of ownership, and I've come to the conclusion that the Audi is the car that seems to get dirtiest the quickest.
Out of all previous cars I've ever owned, it seems to pick up the dirt worst.....

Anyone else notice this?

yes mate i have noticed this too and have raised the question before

i alway notice that the back of the car is the dirtiest i have ever known! its the same as the mk4 golf!

apparently adding a rear splitter makes it even worse!

My car gets targetted by seagulls more than any other car I've had.
It can only be the colour.
My car can be plastered,the wife's black car (side by side on the drive) will be untouched.
I've even been sitting in Asda car park and been dive bombed by crows !
Two of them kept thumping down onto the roof !
Very,very strange.
A current photo of my car would make the 'prouder' owners on here weep.
I can only get to the carwash on a Saturday.
I don't handwash my car,I save that for the wife's (coz we pay for hers).

Prob'ly due to the 'vortex' that the back of the car(s) create due to their design. They'll attract the dirt and the dirt is happy to stick around...

bowfer said:
My car gets targetted by seagulls more than any other car I've had.
It can only be the colour.

Can agree with you on that one - neighbour's dark blue Golf can be spotless and mine looks like a flock has had a severe case of the sh!ts on it. Got told once that it's summat to do with their reflection :think: . Can't see it myself..

joost said:
Got told once that it's summat to do with their reflection :think: . Can't see it myself..

It's true,allegedly.
Shiny / bright / reflective is 'danger' and they'll bomb it.
I'm deffo going for a darker colour next,whatever I get.
Black / grey.

thinking about it, i have had more bird **** attacks with the A3 more than my clio :S

my clio was always spotless and gleaming so i wonder why it wasnt attacked more - very strange!

Boydie said:
thinking about it, i have had more bird **** attacks with the A3 more than my clio :S

my clio was always spotless and gleaming so i wonder why it wasnt attacked more - very strange!

Colour of the respective cars ?
Maybe we could build up a portfolio of colours most likely to get shat on !
Mine is Akoya silver.
First 'light' car I've had for a while.
Previous cars have been black.
Wife's moonstone silver (light bluey silver) Peugeot 206 used to get shat on a lot too,but her black Clio is relatively pap-free.

i can quite honestly say dark blue is not a good colour - i had loads of bird bombs on my moro blue A3 it was anightmare and because it was dark the etching realy showed up

My cars black as was the previous one and dark grey before that - all get covered in bird Poo, guess i'm just unlucky as it generally happens the day after I wash it which supports the shiny if not the colour argument.

Next cars going to be silver so we shall see :)

my clio was pearl black and my A3 is mauritious blue (spelling)