2.5tdi exhaust decat any gains?

Lizard821000

Reaction score
Hi chaps , way to many conflicting info online I found, car goes in Monday for 2/3 decat cut and weld back shut so leave in place for mot, also looking to remove the centre res box while at it.... question is , I’m hoping for some gains sound and performance.... is it worth the money I’ll be spending maybe 3-400 Iv been quoted for works

The 2.5 has 3 cats , 1 pre, 2 further back, centre box and 2 silencers, seems excessive for a system and must be restricting the car all that.

Needs to still pass MOT so don’t want a straight through etc

Any advise on the matter ?

Thanks

Think most the folks have migrated to newer Audi's and Facebook groups (even I don't own a B6 now haha).

Should help with spool, my 1.9tdi felt like a rocket after I put a straight pipe on it and with the age of these car's now I'd advise anyone with a B6 to loose the cat, I'd also say go for a straight pipe turbo back (but I'm biased) as it should still be perfectly legal so long as it looks like it has a cat, another story for petrol's with emissions checks though unfortunately (although most petrol heads have a friend who has a friend who is blind and happens to carry out MOT's).

Reactions: Lizard821000
Hey mate , thanks for reply lol

I know I could prob fit a straight through for maybe the same
Money buy how do I make it look like it has cats? Stick some fake ones in line?

Mine failed it’s last smoke test mot and needed a fuel cleaner and Italian tune to get it through! Lol so yes I’m betting they are
Clogged to buggery..... just seeing if it’s worth spending the money on a job like this on a diesel

Sounds like you had good gains

I was debating drilling the original out and putting it over the straight pipe but ended up not doing anything to make it look like it had a cat and none of the 4+ testers I went to seemed to say anything, one place where I had allot of work done I mentioned to them about will they pass it with no cat and they said no but everywhere else I didn't mention it and they didn't seem to notice and/or care.

Think I paid about what your saying for a straight pipe too, really did seem like money well spent personally, didn't seem to smoke much more after it had been done although it already smoked a fair bit anyway as most the maps I had on were providing too much fuel but I didn't mind (so long as it passed), no smoke no poke.