Raceglaze 7l water filter

I replenished the resin in mine the other, without the tube being in place however I might invest in the refill kit.
Water tests at 0ppm from 148...

Reactions: NevMan
I just use a cut off milk bottle and tape over the tube whilst filling.

Easy, and saves the planet fro. One more plastic milk bottle

Reactions: cuke2u
Useful tips which I shall use on my Vyair - starting to get water marks after 5 months usage with weekly wash (sometimes more!). Reading at 17ppm against input reading of 250ppm! Now to find a good source of resin...........!

Useful tips which I shall use on my Vyair - starting to get water marks after 5 months usage with weekly wash (sometimes more!). Reading at 17ppm against input reading of 250ppm! Now to find a good source of resin...........!
I have similar input reading @OCDaveS3, so am contemplating daisy chaining a chlorinator as @45bvtc has done to excellent effect.

Amazon links don't work here, but look for:

AquaHouse Koi Pond Dechlorinator, Water filter for fish ponds up to 99% Chlorine removal tap water filter @£29.99

Reactions: josul, 45bvtc and OCDaveS4
I have similar input reading @OCDaveS3, so am contemplating daisy chaining a chlorinator as @45bvtc has done to excellent effect.

Amazon links don't work here, but look for:

AquaHouse Koi Pond Dechlorinator, Water filter for fish ponds up to 99% Chlorine removal tap water filter @£29.99

Again, full credit to jaysrs4, Nev; see: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/deionized-water-rinse.368598/page-4

jaysrs4 said: "I have the same set up here. However I'd recommend also fitting a 'de-chlorinator' before the deionizer. Reason being is that I did a load of research before investing in this kit and it appears that chlorine in the water massively degrades the resin. You'll get far more for your money if you fit one pre-line."

I just followed his advice and it does seem to work as I've had little or no degradation in ppm measurements from the Raceglaze so
5187.gif
to jaysrs4.

The de-chlorinator I have is still showing on Amazon @ £29.99

Dechlorinator

Reactions: josul, SPIKE_, Jimbob76 and 2 others
Again, full credit to jaysrs4, Nev; see: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/deionized-water-rinse.368598/page-4

jaysrs4 said: "I have the same set up here. However I'd recommend also fitting a 'de-chlorinator' before the deionizer. Reason being is that I did a load of research before investing in this kit and it appears that chlorine in the water massively degrades the resin. You'll get far more for your money if you fit one pre-line."

I just followed his advice and it does seem to work as I've had little or no degradation in ppm measurements from the Raceglaze so
5187.gif
to jaysrs4.

The de-chlorinator I have is still showing on Amazon @ £29.99

View attachment 190623

Thanks for sharing this @X3man and @45bvtc - might have to go down this route myself. I’m measuring close to 450ppm at input :blink:, and only got 3 months out of my last tank of resin. Which is putting me off using my Raceglaze as it starts to become an expensive luxury. Will check this out - thanks again.

Thanks for sharing this @X3man and @45bvtc - might have to go down this route myself. I’m measuring close to 450ppm at input :blink:, and only got 3 months out of my last tank of resin. Which is putting me off using my Raceglaze as it starts to become an expensive luxury. Will check this out - thanks again.

My set-up is: mains tap water (tee-fitting above the hot and cold water taps) to de-chlorinator to Raceglaze and then Raceglaze via dedicated hose to car rinse and/or bucket if cleaning windows, etc:

De chlorinator

Reactions: josul, SPIKE_, Jimbob76 and 1 other person

Ouch, that is a HIGH reading. I am gonna get this setup too, been meaning to for sometime tbh

Reactions: Jimbob76
My set-up is: mains tap water (tee-fitting above the hot and cold water taps) to de-chlorinator to Raceglaze and then Raceglaze via dedicated hose to car rinse and/or bucket if cleaning windows, etc:

Nice one pal - can the dechlorinator be used in-line with a pressure washer and the Raceglaze i.e. tap -> short hose -> dechlorinator -> short hose -> Raceglaze -> short hose -> pressure washer?

Or do you have go dechlorinator -> Raceglaze -> garden hose gun?

Ouch, that is a HIGH reading. I am gonna get this setup too, been meaning to for sometime tbh

Tell me about it mate - water oozes out of my hoze in gloopy lumps, lol.

Reactions: SPIKE_ and NevMan
Nice one pal - can the dechlorinator be used in-line with a pressure washer and the Raceglaze i.e. tap -> short hose -> dechlorinator -> short hose -> Raceglaze -> short hose -> pressure washer?

Or do you have go dechlorinator -> Raceglaze -> garden hose gun?

Yes, dechlorinator -> Raceglaze -> garden hose gun.

If I need to pressure-wash I use mains -> Karcher and would then rinse with dechlorinator -> Raceglaze -> garden Hozelock gun.

Reactions: OCDaveS4, SPIKE_, Jimbob76 and 1 other person
Stop it now..
My filter worked for over a year on two cars before slight spotting with no chlorine filter. Chlorine is only added at 0.5mg/l or less to our drinking water in the UK. WHO actually recommend 5mg/l.
Not for one minute am I suggesting anyone is wrong but I always like to see evidence a chlorine filter is also required at such a low dose...