Induction kit/Air Filter for S3

gwiz6193

S3s r us
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've got a 2000 Audi s3 with the 210hp engine, if i install an air filter or induction kit will it give me better performance and more bhp?? Ideally i would like one that doesnt make such a loud noise and is easy to install and most importantly wont damage the engine..... Anyone help me on this one, i already have a powertec induction kit in the box which i had on my old BM 318i saloon E46 dont know if it will fit and if it'll make any difference??

standard airbox is good for over 300bhp.any induction kit which is open like a neuspeed will not gain will prob lose as the heat from the engine will make it such in hot air

i agree, i changed my standard air filter on my S3 for green panel and made no difference except more noise. hence back to standard audi filter which i get changed everytime with the oil.

If not an induction kit to increase performnace, whats the best way of upgrading performance thats subtle and easy to do i.e. not changing exhaust or anything major?? Im thinking of doing a remap to get it up to 250bhp but im just afraid of my insurance premium increasing and it ruining the engine as my S3's only done 20k miles 2000 model

There's very little that can be done without changing anything major. A remap is the obvious choice; don't worry about the engine, it'll be fine. You could try changing the N75 valve to a J variety. It'll change the boost slightly and give you about the most noticable difference for your money. It shouldn't put you into limp mode on a standard map, but keep the original one handy...

:jester: I think a Revo remap is a great way forward if you want more power. You can tweak and get what you require out of the car. It's what I think Audi should have done in the first place. As for insurance the Revo system can be turned on or off when ever. Some people don't bother telling the insurance company about this, this of course is entirely upto you!

:jester: I also have a Neuspeed airfilter. As much as I like the little burble in low revs if it's not helping and possibly hindering then should I remove and put the standard back on?

Im interested in the revo remap as you can change to original performance of the car which is a good idea. How much did it set you back for this remap and do you know any dealers in London who can do it for me professionally??
Would i have to change anything else on the car to get these performance gains or can i keep everything the same??

gwiz6193 said:
Im interested in the revo remap as you can change to original performance of the car which is a good idea. How much did it set you back for this remap and do you know any dealers in London who can do it for me professionally??
Would i have to change anything else on the car to get these performance gains or can i keep everything the same??

http://www.bigboyztoys.co.uk/