Suspension options. Is lower always harsher?

GeoffT

Reaction score
I specced my 2018 2.0TFSI Quattro BE Sportback with "dynamic" suspension because I had test driven one with Sport suspension and found it too harsh for me.

The ride height is therefore quite high and although I'm long past boy racer age it does look a bit wrong to me for the style of car. Also, I wouldn't describe the suspension set up as perfect anyway as it often seems a bit bouncy and unsettled on poor surfaces (ie all our roads!).

So the question is, is there a change of springs and/or dampers that will lower the ride height to something like S Line levels but not make the comfort any worse, and possibly even improve it?

I have seen posts praising Eibach Pro springs, but most people are comparing them to existing S Line suspension not the standard or "dynamic" in Audi speak.

I love all other aspects of the car, but just feel the suspension could be a lot better.

See my post here I started with Dynamic suspension and fitted only Eibach ProKit springs initially and then also Bilstein B8s which is a Bilstein B12 Kit highly recommend it transforms the look and handeling of the car and not to harsh =)

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bilstein-b12-kit-experience.387979/

Thanks. I had missed that thread, very interesting. It does feel to me as if the current springs and dampers aren't well matched and are almost fighting with each other at times. Do you think the comfort level has improved as well as the handling?

Yeah Defiantly it is a different feel but the car is much more drivable now ....

Reactions: GeoffT