Audi sun protection system.

Marky79

Reaction score
Anyone using the sun protection system(sun blinds) from Audi? I’m looking for something to keep the sun out the back while the dogs travelling.

They look a tad pricey for some shades. Can anyone with them tell me what fitting is like? Are they sturdy? Seen the A6 version with the tints, these would of been a nice option for the 3dr.

if you have a 3 door then good luck! i spent 2yrs trying to find some! by the time i sold my car i had given up and tinted the windows. They hardly ever pop up and when they do they are super expensive. The design seems good though.

Personally I'd tint the glass mate, but it's a personal choice I suppose.
Our dog is fine when travelling with the privacy glass. We'd never leave him in the car parked in hot weather anyway but if it's cool the privacy glass means he can't be seen as easily if we nip into a shop for example.

Tint, no brainer blocks heat, uv & brightness :)

Also can get minimal tint that still does most of the above.

I got the genuine Audi blinds for my sportback (the 2 rear windows), didn't have a need for them but someone was selling them new on ebay for £15 and I'm a sucker for genuine accessories! Fit well, shape is perfect as you'd expect and feel very sturdy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marky79
Appreciate your comments guys, but I’m just not a tint guy. I absolutely hate the horrible grey line aftermarket tints leave around the black dots. And the lamination on the rear heated screen when you look in the mirror. I want to keep the car OEM so the shades are my only option. I might check eBay.de and see what’s about.

Cheers

Reactions: Ormesome
Had the blinds on my first A3 saloon and thought there were much better than my current saloons factory tints. The main bonus was being able to wind down the rear windows while still having protection.

Reactions: Marky79