Seven mile lane!!

speedyp

Reaction score
Anyone on here go to work using Seven Mile Lane this morning??

A pre-facelift dark blue S3 reg T1...

We managed to get a mini convoy going !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good to see a nice nod of appreciation as I turned off.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

When a friend of mine first got his MGF, other drivers of MGFs always seemed to wave and flash (steady!) at each other like you said "PeterS3" in appreciation!

Do S3 or S/RS drivers do that?

P.S. I pick my car up tomorrow - so I need to know cos I'm driving from AmD (Oxfordshire) back home in sunny Aberdeen and I'm more than likely to see some S/RS Audis on the roads!

I've seen 2 others S3's give a little nod, but there is also someone near to where I live who seems oblivious to anything like that!!

I think that as these cars are rare enough to warrant a nod, wave or (ahem!)flash!!

I always do anyway!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I always wave or flash (Unless i'm sideways). I normally get something back too!

It's like being in a secret club! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

A secret club of flashers!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Ditto, always have to give the acknowledgment of fellow S drivers.

First rule of S3 club is , you do not talk about S3 club.
Second rule of S3 club is you D O N O T T A L K A B O U T S 3 CL U B!

hahaha

Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I get some people who smile (and occasionally wave) and then other people who just have no idea. I think it's Sod's Law or something that the closer to your house that they live, the more oblivious they are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif There's another S3 *just* around the corner from our house, and they never wave or anything. Tsk!

QuickS3 lives almost opposite me, so always get a wave/nod/flash... Both members of the S3 club!!

Seems to vary a bit for others round here though!!??

Every single S3 owner who's seen me, gives me a flash ooer.
Which is pretty amazing, esp in London, when people usually dont give a damn (look at TT owners... so many about, who cares).

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
When a friend of mine first got his MGF, other drivers of MGFs always seemed to wave and flash (steady!) at each other like you said "PeterS3" in appreciation!

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because they're amazed that 2 MGF's could possibly be reliable enough to both be on the road (as opposed to at the side of the road) at the same time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PeterS3 said:
Anyone on here go to work using Seven Mile Lane this morning??

A pre-facelift dark blue S3 reg T1...

We managed to get a mini convoy going !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good to see a nice nod of appreciation as I turned off.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in that area now and then (parents live in Wrotham) will keep an eye out and give you a flash/nod/thumbs/wave.. oh and try to keep my eyes on the road at the same time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Graham

ill keep an eye out for peter and finger ready............for me modded cruise control /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif