ECS Recall & Remap Question

Gregsy16

Reaction score
Just got a phone call from my local Audi to say my car needs to go in for recall update on the ECS system. I’m currently running a Stage 2 map and wondered if the software update would remove the map on my car.

Only reason I’m asking is that I’m sure I seen a post where someone put their car in for a software update and when they got the car back the map was gone.

Any info or people with similar scenarios would be appreciated.

Just to confirm, ECU or ABS? What’s ECS? I believe some 08/09 did have an ABS recall, where Audi replaced the ABS pump. It’s not this is it?

Do you mean ESC? Which is electronic stability control which was under the ABS recall mentioned above.

Do you mean ESC? Which is electronic stability control which was under the ABS recall mentioned above.
I’ve just looked into it a bit more with the dealer and it’s the ESC update as the guy who contacted me got it wrong. So looks like it will be part of the ABS recall which if I’m right means they shouldn’t need to touch the ecu as the abs system has its own module?

Mine has had the ABS recall done, the map is still on (didn't know it had one till I went to get it done).

Mine has had the ABS recall done, the map is still on (didn't know it had one till I went to get it done).
What is this abs recall? ive just got my 2011 s3 and first time.ivw heard about this

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Write it down on a piece of paper and stick it on the dash!

That’s what I did , post it notes stuck all over dash telling them no emissions update as it’s been remapped
Even got brand new A6 loan car to use , the problem I had was the dash lit up like a Christmas tree when I went into a sweeping bend on motorway

Map was still ok after the work was done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gregsy16