Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys

I am from Northern Ireland and the highest ron fuel we can get locally is 97ron

My S3 is Revo Stage 3 and I have ordered NF octane booster where you add 40ml to 40L and it makes the fuel 99ron

What do I need to do with my settings on the SPS to make the most of the higher ron fuel?

Will I add more booster to obtain more ron? Where do I stop?? lol

Reason being, I've a drag race on April 22nd and want to perform well.

Thanks in advance

There’s a point where octane booster has zero effects if the map doesn’t take it into account.
Higher octane fuels gives a more controlled combustion so the fuel won’t pre ignite(pinking) before the spark from the spark plug. The higher the octane the more difficult it is to ignite so this gives the tuner the ability to fine tune the ignition timings and get more power.
Even if you managed to whack it up to 120ron it won’t make much difference if the map you are running is for 95ron fuel.
As for you revo setup I have no clue how that works. If it’s just a storage type device with different maps then pick the one that has the closest ron setting.
Out of interest how much power does your stage 3 have?

If you look on your SPS there should be a setting for a higher Ron mine is setting 3. Whoever set your car up should of explained that you can choose different fuel grades well two at least.

Reactions: Boydie