Close to ordering a fl S3 Sportback

Mitch93

Reaction score
hi everyone, I’m a long time lurker but first time poster.

Currently wanting to order a s3 Sportback:

Spec is

Ara blue
Panoramic roof
Super sports seats
Tech pack
19 inch wing arm alloys
Mag ride
Folding mirrors
Parking +

I’ve been in the local dealers today and the list price is £44,778 and attempted to get a decent deal. I have put it into drive the deal and got it for £36,500 I think or something close to that. Showed it the dealer and they instantly told me they can’t even touch that. Closest they got was £39,000 obviously I said that thanks and left but I’m just wondering what other discounts people are getting at the moment and are other dealers willing to go lower as I’d prefer to just go straight with a dealer rather than use a broker.

Also I’m just trying to work out what sort of monthlies I’m going to be looking at if I can get it to £36,500. Wanting to put down a 3k deposit over 36 months with 10,000 miles.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I'm not surprised your dealer couldn't get close to that....because it works out to 18.5%
Your dealer was offering a 13% discount, which is much more realistic IMO.

Hi

I picked up my Ara blue S3 two weeks ago this wednesday the car i got was already in the dealership the price was £40.688 and i haggled them down to £35000 i to showed them a drive the deal quote which was around £33.500 and they couldn't or wouldn't match it . So going off your price there offering you a similar deal to what i got .

I can imagine the monthlies being pretty high off the deposit/term .

Thanks for the replies guys. Have just read the thread about the new cars having the OPF filters, don’t know how I missed this but im glad I saw it before i ordered, has thrown a curve ball now and has put me off a little bit tbh

Reactions: NevMan

Spec is

Ara blue
Panoramic roof
Super sports seats
Tech pack
19 inch wing arm alloys
Mag ride
Folding mirrors
Parking +

I’ve been in the local dealers today and the list price is £44,778 and attempted to get a decent deal. I have put it into drive the deal and got it for £36,500 I think or something close to that. Showed it the dealer and they instantly told me they can’t even touch that. Closest they got was £39,000 obviously I said that thanks and left but I’m just wondering what other discounts people are getting at the moment and are other dealers willing to go lower as I’d prefer to just go straight with a dealer rather than use a broker.

Also I’m just trying to work out what sort of monthlies I’m going to be looking at if I can get it to £36,500. Wanting to put down a 3k deposit over 36 months with 10,000 miles.

Thanks in advance
I'd doubt they would match that price,as others have said here. I'd estimate the monthly payments would be around £500ish, although would be best to speak to the dealer on this.

In regards to the sound and OPF filter there's a thread on this forum about it, people have fitted a resonator delete and have been able to get decent results for getting a better sound from it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: unitzero
Thanks for the replies guys. Have just read the thread about the new cars having the OPF filters, don’t know how I missed this but im glad I saw it before i ordered, has thrown a curve ball now and has put me off a little bit tbh

Hallo, I also ordered a new audi s3 (sedan). After the order I find out about the OPF filter and was thinking to cancel my order. But with the res delete the sound is good for me + there will be some aftermarket exhaust soon I think.

Video from the res delete
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2019-s3-exhaust-note-change.384721/page-3

Reactions: unitzero and NevMan

Spec is

Ara blue
Panoramic roof
Super sports seats
Tech pack
19 inch wing arm alloys
Mag ride
Folding mirrors
Parking +

Thanks in advance

If you have been offered £36,500 from DTD, go with that. That car will come from an Audi dealership. Just means the car might be a couple hundred miles away from where you are. With £2,500 saved, you can afford to take a train or 2 to get to the dealership.

I would only accept the £39,000 price if the car was there at the dealership. But if both cars would be factory order, go with the lower price. It's not like the cheaper price means you're going to get a copy of an S3. It'll be a boneafide S3.

Reactions: Goner, Bells, NevMan and 1 other person
They new Golf got delayed, so wouldn’t be surprised if the same happens to the new A3?

Yea I’m not too bothered about the newer car tbh if the a1 is anything to go by the interior alone would stop me from signing

Reactions: NevMan and loftylad
My daughter was looking at a new A1 about six months ago just before the new model A1 was unveiled. With the discount she could have got on the car she wanted (without trying too hard) and the massive price hike of the new model, the old model worked out well over 25% cheaper than the list price of the new car for similar spec.
If you can live with an 'old model' then go with DTD but the residual in three years time will obviously be less than a new model.

Yea I’m not too bothered about the newer car tbh if the a1 is anything to go by the interior alone would stop me from signing

Agree on above comment about going for cheapest quote if factory orders. Another useful starting point is www.carwow.co.uk if you weren’t already aware of. I would imagine there will be some deals to be had, especially as the new model gets closer.

However price rises are due in April
Yep, lol my order is in and pending confirmation from the factory @ £5 bellow mega tax. I’m praying there is now way Audi will raise the cost on an outgoing model.....however I totally expect it. I’ve bothered Customer Services who dodged the question about when the offer price is fixed, but pretty much accept there is little I can do and I’m not compromising on spec. We make our choices, take our chances and pays the price. Be much more expensive to not get the car I actually want, just no one tell the Mrs!
Like our OP, DTD paved the way for a huge discount so no complaints from me. Now just to see what Brexsh1t does?!. Also no info available on pending increase unless they track inflation. Please Mr / Mrs Audi, leave the Old A3 be, in its final months of sales and have some sympathy for us Brits.

But if Audi increase the price of the old A3 in April the customer wins because Audi will be able to give buyers an even bigger discount or "PCP incentive" to shift the old stock - and it won't make the extortionate price hike of the new A3 look quite so bad.

But if Audi increase the price of the old A3 in April the customer wins because Audi will be able to give buyers an even bigger discount or "PCP incentive" to shift the old stock - and it won't make the extortionate price hike of the new A3 look quite so bad.

No doubt the dealer/Audi deposit contribution will increase, but tempered by the future value drop surely.

Just spoke to the DTD guys and they have put me a deal together I can not resist, got rid of the mag ride and gone with the standard black edition alloys and should hopefully be ordering tomorow. Gunna be one happy chap!

Reactions: TYb, Baldyone, Adam14 and 1 other person
No doubt the dealer/Audi deposit contribution will increase, but tempered by the future value drop surely.
Some will think a good deal is % discount, some tempted by PCP contribution but few will even consider an artificially hiked list price. Audi will do whatever to tempt people so they continue to sell long in the tooth cars whilst still making the biggest profit.
Be quick, only a week left before the price goes up!

Some will think a good deal is % discount, some tempted by PCP contribution but few will even consider an artificially hiked list price. Audi will do whatever to tempt people so they continue to sell long in the tooth cars whilst still making the biggest profit.
Be quick, only a week left before the price goes up!
I've already had three emails titled "deal or no deal" advertising current saving before 29th March as prices may increase

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
I've already had three emails titled "deal or no deal" advertising current saving before 29th March as prices may increase

Mate, I fear that may be for stock cars but I hope I’m wrong. Factory order will be subject to any price increase I recon unless someone can tell me differently. Both Audi and DTD have indicated as much. I gave drive the deal a card for a deposit and have a written confirmation of my order from them and email from my dealer saying it’s placed and they’ll let me know as soon as I have a build week confirmed, but the dealer hasn’t charged my card. Said they ask that I transfer my full deposit once the car is available in the UK. I can’t moan with such a big discount but would be the cherry on top if I can avoid MEGA evil Tax! Effectively that’ll mean I’m not in contract until after April 1st. Maybe someone could shed some light if that’s normal practise through these guys

Just spoke to the DTD guys and they have put me a deal together I can not resist, got rid of the mag ride and gone with the standard black edition alloys and should hopefully be ordering tomorow. Gunna be one happy chap!
Did you do it? Did you pull the trigger, pop the cork, shoot your......no I’ll leave that one for a more appropriate forum. Not trying to egg you on to spend your money or anything but this forum offers something special when you have many along for the new car ride together :)

Reactions: NevMan and Adam14
I ordered back in Oct/Nov. DTD were fairly competitive but they would not do a trade-in. Carwow won it for me with nearly a £5K discount on a well specked 35 Sport on a PCP that I cleared a few days later.
I appreciate new model is on it's way but this sort of discount easily makes up for any blip in depreciation. I will also never buy a new car model. I did this back in 2004 soon after the VW Touran came out and had 18 months of trouble. The car did eventually prove to be the best family car I've owned but I would not want to repeat the agro.

Colin

Reactions: Baldyone