Cars been hit [emoji31]

Buxton2901

Reaction score
So we were shopping on Asda and the customer service lady shouts out reg over the loud speaker!!!! Some young lady had reversed into the back of my baby
She said there doesn't look like any damage but we go out anyway.
Paint on the rear bumper has cracked slightly near the tow hook hole cut out.

Any opinions on the best way forward?

She doesn't want to go through insurance obviously and she was genuinely really nice.

She could have drove off and I would have had to pay to fix myself so credit to her as most wouldn't have admitted it.
Pic to follow

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If doesn't want to go through insurance I'd give them a cash price. If she declines then insurance it is as your policy shouldn't be affected only hers so her problem

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Buxton2901
Sorry to hear that Paul. At least she did the decent thing and didn’t just drive away. Hope you get it all sorted out ASAP. :blink:

If doesn't want to go through insurance I'd give them a cash price. If she declines then insurance it is as your policy shouldn't be affected only hers so her problem

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Even if you were not at fault it will affect your future premiums if it goes through the insurers.

I had a guy clip my rear bumper while I was stationary waiting to turn right at traffic lights and his insurers paid out but my premium went up at renewal which my insurers confirmed was due to the no fault accident..

It's down to the fact that statistically you are more likely to be involved in another accident and as bad luck would have it I was within a couple of months of the first one

I'd accept the cash if it's on offer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alistair D
Yep, your premiums will be affected if you even mention it to your insurers and they record the notes, as you’ll have to declare a no fault accident for the next 5 years when renewing.

I’d go to Audi, get them to inspect for damage and provide a quote for repairs. They’ll probably send you to a local body shop, but at least it’ll be an Audi approved body shop.

Sorry to hear this though mate. Audi’s clearly aren’t very lucky in supermarket car parks.

Reactions: Alistair D
She was driving a 16 plate polo which had parking sensors too. Said she was day dreaming

I went to see Audi today and they pointed me to their approved body shop but not open til Monday now. Fingers crossed it's not too much and the lady will just pay for it.

Will they have to spray the whole bumper of just the affected section???

Depends on the damage, but as bumpers are usually plastic, they can’t always fix them like other panels. Could be a new bumper, possibly. That’s what I was told when a taxi lurched into the back of me in my C6 a few years ago anyhow.

From what you have described it sounds like the bumper is repairable.

If it's a metallic paint finish the the whole bumper would need to be painted.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's Daytona grey so pearl metallic

There will also be a recorded accident against your car. If not bad id price up yourself. I had a similar thing in my old a4 but by time quoted for paint work was cheaper for other party to put thru insurance

I watched as I had a tow bar fitted to my new Avant and it is quite a flimsy cover - all the strength is behind it which they removed to fit a new x member.
I think once the bumper cover is off it'll be easy to plastic weld up & spray complete.
Once the rear lights were out the chap took a few screws out then just popped the cover off in 10 mins.

Going by labour rates - cheaper also to spray whole bumper that mask off / cut back / blend in a section.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came back at £600 which will be cheaper than your ladies excess + premium rise etc and then of course a rise in your premium.
Know it sounds daft - even if you have to put your hand in your pocket for £100 to cover any she can't afford would still be cheaper in the long run for you with no insurance rise.

Sorry to hear about your bump - never go to Asda now as my wife had a woman side swipe her car so 2 new doors - then fixed after 2 months - then same carpark 6 months later - some old woman drove into the back so new tailgate + boot floor !!!! ( 11am Sunday & the old lady was drunk ! )

Get a quote from a bodyshop of your choice, send her this and give her 3 days to go down and pay directly to the bodyshop. If she refuses then go through the insurance. I did exactly this when a guy rear-ended my wife's car in October at a round-a-bout.