Tdi fuel filler insert

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone.

Just went to re fuel at a shell garage near by all going fine untill I went to remove the nozzle. I couldn’t get it out. It took quite abit or force to remove. Looking into the filler hole the outter ring seems to not be seated correctly ( I think )

Could any of you kind people take a photo of the inside of the fuel filler to compare against mine before I order parts to replace if something has broke.

As you can see from below pic there’s a gap around the top and seems more flush at the bottom.

Thanks

B1E99296 3C0C 4428 908D 89C8011E8683

Reactions: Shortyian
Afternoon everyone.

Just went to re fuel at a shell garage near by all going fine untill I went to remove the nozzle. I couldn’t get it out. It took quite abit or force to remove. Looking into the filler hole the outter ring seems to not be seated correctly ( I think )

Could any of you kind people take a photo of the inside of the fuel filler to compare against mine before I order parts to replace if something has broke.

As you can see from below pic there’s a gap around the top and seems more flush at the bottom.

Thanks

View attachment 176299

Mine looks exactly the same as yours, to be honest i remember filling up somewhere before a number of months ago and the nozzle was quite tight too, maybe just that particular pump??? Never happened to me since

Fuel cap

Mine looks exactly the same as yours, to be honest i remember filling up somewhere before a number of months ago and the nozzle was quite tight too, maybe just that particular pump??? Never happened to me since

View attachment 176349

Thanks for that buddy. Least I know it hasn’t broke something inside. Maybe it’s a new nozzle or something

Could it be the anti siphon device that’s stuck or broken?
I know some cars have devices that stops you putting petrol in diesel but not sure if the a3 has them.

Could it be the anti siphon device that’s stuck or broken?
I know some cars have devices that stops you putting petrol in diesel but not sure if the a3 has them.

There is something in the middle that I can press and it kind of opens. I shall go to another garage and see how it gets on. Then if it gets stuck I’ll order a new middle part.

There is something in the middle that I can press and it kind of opens. I shall go to another garage and see how it gets on. Then if it gets stuck I’ll order a new middle part.

Think that’s then anti siphon device. It’s like an egg cup at the top of the fuller cap. It should move freely.

Think that’s then anti siphon device. It’s like an egg cup at the top of the fuller cap. It should move freely.

It does move freely. I stuck a small screw driver in yesterday and I was able to spin it I was also able to push the bottom of it in and it opened up. Weather it opened up fully I don’t know.

I’m just about to head out to stick a little bit of fuel in see what it’s like. Hopefully it’ll just be a new nozzle that’s slightly too large or something