A3 3.2 8p stronic PRNDS flashing.

Reaction score
Hi people, best regards to everyone, i am new here and I would like your help on a problem.

I got an Audi A3 3.2 8p s-tronic and recently my PRNDS on dashboard screen started flashing. Its stable only when I have the gear selector on P position. After several tests that i did my car works 100% fine, up shifts , downshifts , paddles, reverse, neutral. Thus, i can't see on what gear i am driving etc.

Your help will be much appreciated !!

Thank you in advance.

Could be the microswitch on the gear unit, without being egotistical, I think I'm the only person whose found the cure to this issue without buying a new gear unit.

Without testing & seeing the car, I can't be sure.

Do you have any description of the microswitch or a photo so i can find out and check its condition?

Thank you.

The way I got to mine last when I thought I had a microswitch issue. Hard to describe but the way I get to that switch is to put the lever in neutral. Pull up the leather shift boot which exposes the mechanics underneath. With this up you should be able to see a small microswitch which would be depressed by something when the shifter is in park.

Reactions: paddy
Thats the one, pushing it multiple times to see if flashing stops.