Dash cam location?

sunscreemer

Back with the 4 rings
Reaction score
Hi guys - i've ordered a Garmin Dash Cam 55 and was wondering about fitment. It looks like it can be fitted pretty much anywhere in the windscreen, but i wondered if any of you had one fitted, where you located it and if it's pretty easy to tuck the cabling for the power underneath the trim?

Get some pics up when you fit it. Fancy the garmin myself but trying to work our if I have the capability of wiring it into the fuse box so the cables are hidden

I have the Garmin Dashcam 55 fitted on my A3 8V, it is located behind the left side of the rear view mirror. I initially had it on the passenger side behind the sun visor, but I found that when the sun visor is in the lowered position it tends to hit the dash cam, especially if the passenger is heavy handed.

Cable is tucked into the roof lining, and down the left hand side A pillar trim towards the fuse box located behind the glovebox. Not hard to hard wire into the car for a neat and tidy outcome.

It is advisable to upgrade the 8GB microSD card to at least a 64GB card, you will find 8GB tends to be overwritten very quickly with daily driving. Update the firmware via Garmin Connect before installation, change the video setting for 1440 30fps recording (stock setting is 1080p) as well as disable the voice command option.

I have a DDPai which I located more to the passenger side , behind the rear view mirror ( just under the sensor) I don't have a screen on my dash cam and its pretty discreet. either way I found this a good place out of my view when driving

I have the Garmin Dashcam 55 fitted on my A3 8V, it is located behind the left side of the rear view mirror. I initially had it on the passenger side behind the sun visor, but I found that when the sun visor is in the lowered position it tends to hit the dash cam, especially if the passenger is heavy handed.

Cable is tucked into the roof lining, and down the left hand side A pillar trim towards the fuse box located behind the glovebox. Not hard to hard wire into the car for a neat and tidy outcome.

It is advisable to upgrade the 8GB microSD card to at least a 64GB card, you will find 8GB tends to be overwritten very quickly with daily driving. Update the firmware via Garmin Connect before installation, change the video setting for 1440 30fps recording (stock setting is 1080p) as well as disable the voice command option.

Did you use the official Garmin parking mode cable to hardwire into the fuse box? I already ordered a 64GB card

I have a DDPai which I located more to the passenger side , behind the rear view mirror ( just under the sensor) I don't have a screen on my dash cam and its pretty discreet. either way I found this a good place out of my view when driving
Discrete and easy to fit. Unfortunately mine failed and Amazon refunded. Now use a different piece of kit. See my sig.

sunscreemer, no, I opted not to have parking mode. I used a fuse tap connected to a female cigarette lighter adapter, along with a 5 amp fuse for the dash cam.