Auto leveller headlights too low

Spiezels

Reaction score
Is there anyway to reset the level that your headlights go?

When I turn em on they do the usual up and down. But they settle so low down, can’t see anything further down the road.

IMG 0772

Is there anyway to reset the level that your headlights go?

When I turn em on they do the usual up and down. But they settle so low down, can’t see anything further down the road.

View attachment 175527

There are manual adjusters next to the light units that can be adjusted, also VCDS has a basic adaption for the lights that can be use to level the lights when on level ground.

When the suspension heights are changed this should be done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are manual adjusters next to the light units that can be adjusted, also VCDS has a basic adaption for the lights that can be use to level the lights when on level ground.

When the suspension heights are changed this should be done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks mate,

Are the manual adjusters accessible without taking the light units out?

you cant level the lights without vcds. they have to relearn the position. go to ross tech wiki. also how do you know they are too low. Put car in front of a wall and see where they are pointed.

Reactions: S.
you cant level the lights without vcds. they have to relearn the position. go to ross tech wiki. also how do you know they are too low. Put car in front of a wall and see where they are pointed.

They just seem extremely low on country lanes or motorways at night without street lights I can’t see very far down the road.

I would check them out in front of a wall at night. the issue may just be you need upgraded bulbs and not adjusting

Reactions: S.
I would check them out in front of a wall at night. the issue may just be you need upgraded bulbs and not adjusting

Will do mate, how do I know what’s the correct level out of interest?

I have this same issue and had it on my last a3 with xenons once lowered and as above had to have the car plugged in and let it sort itself out then manually adjust and save the setting I believe