Audi A5 Amp needs unprotecting

ads_1471

Reaction score
Hi All

So I have recently had to get an amp off ebay for my Audi A5 which has a B&O system.

My AMP had died.

I have now fitted my AMP from Ebay and have sound, However the sound I have is only on all of the passenger side. I do not have any on the drivers side front or back.

I have been told the AMP needs un protecting due to me replacing it.

I am based in Manchester so looking for someone at a reasonable price to sort this so I can have full sound again

I have been advised it could be the T Harness, Which I am getting checked this week.

Any other ideas? Or any ways I can check without spending a fortune.

Thanks

Your amp is one of a few modules which is protected via "component protection", a form of anti-theft protection which VW Group now uses. Items like your clocks, Hvac and MMI + more will also have this.

In order to have the component protection removed from your amp, and to have it coded to your vehicles specification, you will need to find someone who is authorised to complete these works by VW Group. If you are willing to drive a bit I have someone in Leicester who can assist.

Please note: VW Group keeps a register of stolen parts, many of which show up on eBay. Any component protected part flagged as stolen cannot be used.