Audi A4 2008 Saloon

Colin Anderton3

Reaction score
hello, after seeing the gadget OBD11 and the things you can do with it and especially seeing the mirror dip facility on reverse, my car does not have satnav it is the basic model front wheel drive 2.7tdi so I would assume that mirror dip facility on reverse would not be available on this model just the basic functions so buying the OBD 11 Pro would be a waste of money thanks in advance from Colin.

Install the app as it's free, then set up an account as it's also free. Then you can see the apps that will be applicable to your car and will not have wasted any money.

Or look on the VCDS map and see if anybody is close to you as they will be able to code changes you want for a lot less than buying the ODBeleven dongle yourself.

Install the app as it's free, then set up an account as it's also free. Then you can see the apps that will be applicable to your car and will not have wasted any money.

Or look on the VCDS map and see if anybody is close to you as they will be able to code changes you want for a lot less than buying the ODBeleven dongle yourself.
thanks for the quick response that makes sense will do that, my car was recently vandalised and they punctured the two offside tires and keyed all down the side, had to make a insurance claim, Vauxhall Ellesmere Port did the repair and did a good paint match as well I was not the target but did mine just for the fun cheers from Colin

thanks for the quick response that makes sense will do that, my car was recently vandalised and they punctured the two offside tires and keyed all down the side, had to make a insurance claim, Vauxhall Ellesmere Port did the repair and did a good paint match as well I was not the target but did mine just for the fun cheers from Colin
C**TS . .

hello and thanks for the reply, I did not to think of looking up a vcds map in my area it is new to me so I will give that a go and thanks for the suggestion from Colin

Hey bud I have vcds and Carista but honestly, I 've used carista to get the mirror dip and my ride doesn't have sat nav either is a 2012 a4 se. Also, I 've enabled lap timer and oil temp...fog lights to act as cornering lights...emergency breaking flash...disabled the start-stop system.....battery level...and reverse parking sensors to go from audio to visual as well. Maybe a few other bits but this is what I can remember at the moment.All the best.A

Last edited:
Hey bud I have vcds and Carista but honestly, I 've used carista to get the mirror dip and my ride doesn't have sat nav either is a 2012 a4 se. Also, I 've enabled lap timer and oil temp...fog lights to act as cornering lights...emergency breaking flash...disabled the start-stop system.....battery level...and reverse parking sensors to go from audio to visual as well. Maybe a few other bits but this is what I can remember at the moment.All the best.A

I didn't get audio parking sensors to visual parking on screen. Is that available on carista app

hello, after seeing the gadget OBD11 and the things you can do with it and especially seeing the mirror dip facility on reverse, my car does not have satnav it is the basic model front wheel drive 2.7tdi so I would assume that mirror dip facility on reverse would not be available on this model just the basic functions so buying the OBD 11 Pro would be a waste of money thanks in advance from Colin.
Remember to move it to which mirror you want dipped by knob on driver's door ( turn left to dip left etc ) if it's in centre it wont dip any mirrors bud

I didn't get audio parking sensors to visual parking on screen. Is that available on carista app
I know I ve been told as well not to bother but there you go

Attachments

• 10D7B8B2-4A20-4856-A0A9-29C46E8AE739.jpeg
    10D7B8B2-4A20-4856-A0A9-29C46E8AE739.jpeg
    749.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Marky007
wow you certainly know your stuff and what you are doing I would have to get these things enabled by someone like you who know what they are doing, I have often thought about a reverse camera but wondered if there was a wireless one you could get obviously like you know satnav to look at the screen if you enabled it for the screen but thanks for all that info good stuff cheers from Colin

Remember to move it to which mirror you want dipped by knob on driver's door ( turn left to dip left etc ) if it's in centre it wont dip any mirrors bud
thanks for that it does have the control on the door to adjust the mirrors so I guess it is possible cheers from Colin

It sounds a bit strange that you managed to change the parking to OPS, normally what limits that is the parking controller fitted is not compatible with OPS, most or all the controllers with 8 channels do have OPS though. When I added the front parking sensors to my car, I had to replace the parking controller to 8 channel(obviously) and enabled OPS in the infotainment system to get full OPS for the first time.

thanks for that it does have the control on the door to adjust the mirrors so I guess it is possible cheers from Colin
When I activated mine this was my issue turned nob left and mirror dipped when put in reverse

wow you certainly know your stuff and what you are doing I would have to get these things enabled by someone like you who know what they are doing, I have often thought about a reverse camera but wondered if there was a wireless one you could get obviously like you know satnav to look at the screen if you enabled it for the screen but thanks for all that info good stuff cheers from Colin
If your reply is for me I thank you but I m just an enthusiast not such a connoisseur I just try to make the car 'mine'

It sounds a bit strange that you managed to change the parking to OPS, normally what limits that is the parking controller fitted is not compatible with OPS, most or all the controllers with 8 channels do have OPS though. When I added the front parking sensors to my car, I had to replace the parking controller to 8 channel(obviously) and enabled OPS in the infotainment system to get full OPS for the first time.
Yes I 've been told to leave it otherwise I 'll waste my time but wasn't the case, And people warned me that the mirror that dipped won't come in normal position if I don t have fitted electric seats...but they do...I just turn the knob on neutral position.

Reactions: Marky007