S-Tronic Gearbox Oil

Nick185BE

Reaction score
I have a 2012 A1 185 Black Edition (8X)

I just rang Derby Audi who told me that the gearbox oil and filter doesn't need changing on my model. Thought that was odd as the mechatronic units are notorious for going. After checking the service history I couldn't see any mention of it being done so wondered if they are correct?

Only reason I checked is that the gearbox got stuck in D1/M1 at the supermarket yesterday, then after 30s jumped to M3 and stayed in that as I tried the paddles. The car was pretty much cold so wouldn't have been overheating. There was a circular symbol on the dash flashing where the D1 was, either an exclamation mark or the thermostat symbol which I've seen after googling.

I switched the car off then back on again and that cleared it, but I'm now worried the Mechatronic unit is on its way out.

Hi Nick
S-tronic oil on my A4 has to be changed every 38k
Not long had it done at TL Darby in Burton

Reactions: 45bvtc
I have a 2012 A1 185 Black Edition (8X)

I just rang Derby Audi who told me that the gearbox oil and filter doesn't need changing on my model.

Hi Nick, just had our 185bhp A1 serviced at Stafford Audi @ 40863 miles and the gearbox oil was NOT changed, so same as Derby Audi.

GREAT car, hope your 185bhp A1 remains as good as ours, a cracking motor car... :hi:

P1000422

Care of TJ's ceramic wax...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick185BE
Cheers bud.

Mines for sale, Nick, as of today - just purchased its replacement, an SQ5.

If you know of anyone wanting a 100% good one just MOT'd and Stafford Audi 'full' serviced (1st March 2019) then please let me know.

John

I'll ask around for you John.

Thanks Nick, if you want a full spec then let me know; I'll most likely add it to ASN later today; need to sell 1st/2nd April or I'll just part swop - it just seems to good a machine for that, however, due to Judith's on going health issues we need to make changes.

Take care...