Spacers

AndreBerty

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m looking for best quality spacers for my Audi A4 B8 2010 with 17” wheels, simply to install, no cutting required, less chances of welding to my tires or hub, I just want to give my car a better appeal:

bc69c4723638f122a28de10d6850a111.jpg

Any suggestions where to buy and how small/big should I go?

Cheers,

Andrei

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I’m looking for best quality spacers for my Audi A4 B8 2010 with 17” wheels, simply to install, no cutting required, less chances of welding to my tires or hub, I just want to give my car a better appeal:

bc69c4723638f122a28de10d6850a111.jpg

Any suggestions where to buy and how small/big should I go?

Cheers,

Andrei

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try @DPM Damian will advise and sort you out. :)

Reactions: DPM
@DPM I am also interested in a better stance for my 2012 B8.5 SLine Saloon. It's running on the stock 5 spoke 18" alloys, what sort od size would you recommend for front and rear, the boot I sometimes have loaded with my work tools so will sit low.

Reactions: Sandra
We have the H&R available, any idea of the sizes you want?

Damian @ DPM Performance

I don’t know, I want something that will push the tires out but not to much and without the risk of welding or to have to cut anything.

I don’t know, I want something that will push the tires out but not to much and without the risk of welding or to have to cut anything.

It looks like you have quite a bit of space from the arches. Have you measured from the tyre sidewall to the arch to see the exact distance?

Damian @ DPM Performance

It looks like you have quite a bit of space from the arches. Have you measured from the tyre sidewall to the arch to see the exact distance?

Damian @ DPM Performance
Hi Damian,

I took some measurements, hope you can advise.

Rear looks like a 20mm spacer to me (it’s close to 30mm on the measure tape):

114E6765 B99A 47F7 A023 6141316952EC

And front 10mm (it’s a little over 15mm on the measure tape):

0944C74D F5A6 4E1B AA82 236B1E5F9457

Sorry about the angle couldn’t find a shorter piece of wood but I think it served the purpose

Tapered I think are for OEM alloys and radius are for aftermarket alloys. Or it could be the other way round but it does matter.

Hi Damian,

I took some measurements, hope you can advise.

Rear looks like a 20mm spacer to me (it’s close to 30mm on the measure tape):

View attachment 174634

And front 10mm (it’s a little over 15mm on the measure tape):

View attachment 174635

Sorry about the angle couldn’t find a shorter piece of wood but I think it served the purpose

Yeah I'd say 10mm / 20mm.

Damian @ DPM Performance

All are pretty much the same when you get to a certain price point. H&R or Eibach pro are probably the most used.

When going for the 20mm ones consider the version that bolts to the hub first and then the wheel bolts to the spacers.

There is no magic spacer or wheel that will not stick to the hub. But cleaning up the surface rust and the back of the wheel will help with getting a good mating surface, this is important to prevent unwanted wobble. Then apply a thin layer of copper grease or similar anti-seize compound, concentrate on the centre section that sticks out it is mainly this part that causes the wheel to stick and not so much the face, a little goes a long way keep it off the breaking surface!

They will probably still stick but should come off with a few hits with a hammer hitting a bit of wood to protect the alloy. It should stop the requirement to use a sledge hammer and a run up.

Torque to the proper settings 120 Newton metres or 90 ft lbs.