Dislikes

Am l the only owner on here that doesn't dislike anything on their car?

My moans are very minor. I love the car and still enjoy every drive 2 years on! Best car I've ever owned.

Reactions: Daveotto, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
A future dislike: no option for Traffic Sign Recognition in the configurator for a close to 60k€ car. Dealer told me it's not an option available on the A3 models. I have this on my Golf. Apparently it's linked to the Lane Guidance but no mention of it in the config. Can anyone confirm?

Your body comes with this feature as standard. It's called your eyes ! :icon thumright:

Reactions: Phutters and AlS3BE
A future dislike: no option for Traffic Sign Recognition in the configurator for a close to 60k€ car. Dealer told me it's not an option available on the A3 models. I have this on my Golf. Apparently it's linked to the Lane Guidance but no mention of it in the config. Can anyone confirm?

God knows, but its probably because it is due to be refreshed soon. It will be available for sure on the new A3.

God knows, but its probably because it is due to be refreshed soon. It will be available for sure on the new A3.

It’s strange that I have it in a Golf Mk 7. It’s not the end of the world but it’s something you get used to seeing in the driver info display and I find it handy especially on long journeys where you encounter areas with temporary speed restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that because you ticked every options available?

Not really mate, more to do with the looks and how it drives.it took me months to decide what model and spec l really wanted and being on here for years was helpful as well, plus the older l get the more l seem to appreciate things and small niggles don't seem to bother me at all

Reactions: Ormesome, AlS3BE and Jcbmally
Nothing I really dislike about my A3 Saloon bought this week. Mostly love it.

Disappointed it does not have a rear center armrest/ski hatch (not that I do any skiing); more importantly no right footrest for when using cruise control and no GPS calculated speed indicator (as far as I can tell). Just small niggles really.

Mate, that is a hard one to swallow. Hopefully comes soon

Haha. Cheers, bud.
Allegedly (Well, according to the tracker. No one from Audi ever speaks to me! Lol) it’s actually been built and is in England! I’ll believe it when I see it. Haha.

Reactions: Chris.D and Jcbmally
Dislikes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, taking it to the ****** dealers to get a central display replaced. Proper ****** off, only had it 3 weeks. I've no luck with Audi at the moment.

Haha. Cheers, bud.
Allegedly (Well, according to the tracker. No one from Audi ever speaks to me! Lol) it’s actually been built and is in England! I’ll believe it when I see it. Haha.
Didn't you know there was a outbreak of Foot n Mouth ..on the outskirts of Stuttgart last year and almost wiped out the population of the one and only Alcantara Goat left in Germany .. . Hence they had to import 2 Korean Alcantara Goats... .. .to start the breeding process again lol

Reactions: loftylad, Jcbmally and Daveotto

I’ve gotta be honest there’s only the stop start and maybe the side assist which I’m sure me and you have discussed in the past when created a thread to say I was returning back to the fold.

Yes it’s handy, do I need it probably not no as I check the blind spot myself anyway.

Would I spec it again, no. Where you right in your opinion / views when I mentioned I had spec’d probably yes.

Gone are the days a car manufacturer build a car to ride and handle well

Depends what you buy :) Seriously, pleased I only specced auto lights and wipers, front and rear parking sensors and auto box on my current non Audi as driving assistance, thought about cruise control but quite pleased I left it off the list. Anything else breads laziness

For the record my last S3 SB had side assist, whilst very useful for all the european driving i was doing in a RHD car it ended up making me very lazy and I had to re teach my self mirror, signal, manoeuvre in last iterations

Gone are the days a car manufacturer build a car to ride and handle well

Depends what you buy :) Seriously, pleased I only specced auto lights and wipers, front and rear parking sensors and auto box on my current non Audi as driving assistance, thought about cruise control but quite pleased I left it off the list. Anything else breeds laziness

For the record my last S3 SB had side assist, whilst very useful for all the european driving i was doing in a RHD car it ended up making me very lazy and I had to re teach my self mirror, signal, manoeuvre in later iterations

I’ve gotta be honest there’s only the stop start I dislike and maybe the side assist (not a dislike as such) which I’m sure me and you have discussed in the past when created a thread to say I was returning back to the fold.

Yes it’s handy, do I need it probably not no as I check the blind spot myself anyway.

Would I spec it again, no. Were you right in your opinion / views that it’s potentially a waste of £500 when I mentioned I had spec’d it? Probably yes.

Reactions: Jassyo06
You've mentioned that in a previous thread (possibly in a reply to me even) and I actually thought you were joking. Incredible.

Is a major topic in the Porsche world akin to R v S in VAG cirlces. This month's Porsche Club magazine has a whole page devoted to the topic unbelievably

IMG 2087

Reactions: Chris.D
I’ve gotta be honest there’s only the stop start I dislike and maybe the side assist (not a dislike as such) which I’m sure me and you have discussed in the past when created a thread to say I was returning back to the fold.

Would I spec it again, no. Were you right in your opinion / views that it’s potentially a waste of £500 when I mentioned I had spec’d it? Probably yes.

Nothing in a car is a waste of money if you use it

Reactions: Jcbmally
Is a major topic in the Porsche world akin to R v S in VAG cirlces. This month's Porsche Club magazine has a whole page devoted to the topic unbelievably

View attachment 174808

That’s amazing. Thanks for sharing Daveotto, much enjoyed!

Edit: I see next months poll is on personalised number plates, also been a popular topic on here recently

Reactions: Daveotto
Didn't you know there was a outbreak of Foot n Mouth ..on the outskirts of Stuttgart last year and almost wiped out the population of the one and only Alcantara Goat left in Germany .. . Hence they had to import 2 Korean Alcantara Goats... .. .to start the breeding process again lol

Haha. Cheers for that. I'm glad SOMEONE knows whats going on.....'cos no-one at Audi does !!! lol...Them goats need to get busy!!! lol

Dislikes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, taking it to the ****** dealers to get a central display replaced. Proper ****** off, only had it 3 weeks. I've no luck with Audi at the moment.

No way! Whats up with it? Is it the VC or the screen that comes out the dash? Either way, I hope they sort it quicker than they delivered it! lol

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
I'm a bit uneasy about having a car with VC.

If it breaks (& no doubt some will) is it illegal to drive a car without a speedometer?

I'm a bit uneasy about having a car with VC.

If it breaks (& no doubt some will) is it illegal to drive a car without a speedometer?

Just get an app on your phone with gps speed and stick it on your vc:icon thumright:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and KenL
No way! Whats up with it? Is it the VC or the screen that comes out the dash? Either way, I hope they sort it quicker than they delivered it! lol
Screen between the clocks was pixelated new one fitted. Also new cable as CarPlay kept dropping out, collected this morning. Audi are definitely dropping the ball when it comes to quality, I remember when Mercedes did this and they lost a ton of customers. My car is run in now so I’m off to give it a good thrashing to put me in a better mood.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and loftylad
Screen between the clocks was pixelated new one fitted. Also new cable as CarPlay kept dropping out, collected this morning. Audi are definitely dropping the ball when it comes to quality, I remember when Mercedes did this and they lost a ton of customers. My car is run in now so I’m off to give it a good thrashing to put me in a better mood.

Ah, you've got the analogue dials!..so it was the DIS that was faulty. That's not good, but at least its all sorted now. And pretty quickly.

On the bright side....at least you've got something TO break !!!! lol (still waiting..............Zzzzzzzzzz):blink:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
Ah, you've got the analogue dials!..so it was the DIS that was faulty. That's not good, but at least its all sorted now. And pretty quickly.

On the bright side....at least you've got something TO break !!!! lol (still waiting..............Zzzzzzzzzz):blink:
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: loftylad

I'm right up there with you. The only minor thing is some wind noise from the drivers side door. All of the other doors are completely silent.
Most fun car I've driven that's still a great daily. :thumbs up:

My drivers door mirror wont unfold when the weather is cold. Audi refuse to repair it as they can't repeat it in the workshop..

I have a video showing it failed, one of the service girls got it to fail when she went to bring my car round from the back on a cold evening and it takes about 3 or 4 seconds longer to unfold in normal temperatures but they still won't fix it.

The motor part only costs £60 and the car is still under warranty, can't believe they are arguing over that amount on a £35K car.

Just got the car back from them squirting some more lube round it as this is their solution and I've now got some damaged paintwork on the door near the mirror, which of course they say wasn't them.

Apart from that I love the car :smiley:

The volume button on the centre console, press and hold it for a couple of seconds and the screen folds down and stays down permanently until you choose to bring it back up again. :)

Interesting! i thought this turned the MMI off....

Interesting! i thought this turned the MMI off....
Yes that's what it does...if the screen is down it is off.
However your phone is still linked by Bluetooth, so if you receive a call the screen will automatically come up.

Reactions: Ormesome
I'm right up there with you. The only minor thing is some wind noise from the drivers side door. All of the other doors are completely silent.
Most fun car I've driven that's still a great daily. :thumbs up:

This is still driving me mad ..... especially as my car can have zero engine noise .....

Went in for service today and they said they couldn't reproduce it, really annoying as they told me when i picked it up at the end of the day....

This is still driving me mad ..... especially as my car can have zero engine noise .....

Went in for service today and they said they couldn't reproduce it, really annoying as they told me when i picked it up at the end of the day....

That odd that should be easy to hear mine makes wind noise above 40mph all the time it's not intermittent.

That odd that should be easy to hear mine makes wind noise above 40mph all the time it's not intermittent.

They could hear it the first time i took it in a couple of months ago and they did some kind of fix and it got a bit better for a bit but it has come back....

312 miles so far, and a single annoyance: I have the VC in Sports (one dial) mode, and if I put the map display to the left of the tachometer, both odometers show only for a few seconds then disappear. Is there a way for them to show permanently?

One thing that really bugs me with the car is it's just to damn nice. I was fully expecting to drive it everyday in all weather. But after getting it I can't even bring myself to drive it in the rain. I'm constantly wiping the car down, waxing, polishing etc. I don't even use the windshield washers and have turned off the headlight washers so I don't spray blue stuff on my hood.
I'm almost to the point where I want to tell the wife to take off her shoes when she gets in the car because she drags her foot over the plastic trim.
I go out at lunch break to visit my car in the parking garage. I'll lose my mind if I ever get a door ding.

I think I have a problem :racer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbob76, Ron240 and Ormesome
Picked up my new A3 on Saturday and loving it. However there is one thing I miss which my A1 had... a right side footrest for when you're using cruise control! It'd be quite handy for hold assist too now :grin:

Reactions: Richard46