Lock/Unlock via app

reefer110

Reaction score
Is it possible to use the myaudi app to lock and unlock the car? I don't seem to have any options available within the app, so I assume it's not a feature enabled for the FC 8V?

That’s how they get you to buy the new one whenever it comes out.
The tech has been about for years. Have had it in my merc for years.

That’s how they get you to buy the new one whenever it comes out.
The tech has been about for years. Have had it in my merc for years.
Indeed however the needed telematics control module is not compatible with the current MQB platforms’ central electrics module.

Indeed however the needed telematics control module is not compatible with the current MQB platforms’ central electrics module.

Even merc offered an official retrofit solution for this stuff for the older cars. Think it was called Mercedes me. Think it was a obd adapter type thing. It’s very useful. Can check fuel level, tyre pressure, location, screenwash and a whole host of other stuff including opening doors, boots windows. Even told you if you left the doors unlocked.
It would be nice if Audi did the same.
I’m not here dissing Audi or merc. Just a car fan that like tech toys.

Even merc offered an official retrofit solution for this stuff for the older cars. Think it was called Mercedes me. Think it was a obd adapter type thing. It’s very useful. Can check fuel level, tyre pressure, location, screenwash and a whole host of other stuff including opening doors, boots windows. Even told you if you left the doors unlocked.
It would be nice if Audi did the same.
I’m not here dissing Audi or merc. Just a car fan that like tech toys.
I will dis merc all day long, horrible cars :)

Yer would be nice but Audi saves tech like this for the bigger cars as a way to “up-sell”. We are lucky to have virtual cockpit to be honest.

Reactions: Kondax
Is it possible to use the myaudi app to lock and unlock the car? I don't seem to have any options available within the app, so I assume it's not a feature enabled for the FC 8V?
You're not missing much mate, have it on the A5 coupe and this is how often i've used it:

Lock

First time was when I first got the car and set it all up, the second time was when the app updated and I tested it again!!! :)

You're not missing much mate, have it on the A5 coupe and this is how often i've used it:

View attachment 173161

First time was when I first got the car and set it all up, the second time was when the app updated and I tested it again!!! :)
Is that all you get?
No other info like fuel, location etc ?

View attachment 173161

:laughing: I suppose its not that big a deal, but I do like a gadget. As per AlS3BE I thought you do do a few other things with it as well.

Is that all you get?
No other info like fuel, location etc ?
Oh yeah you get car location/map, fuel limit and range, next service due, local dealership, loads of stuff,

Nice, as I say... sucker for a gadget. Maybe next time round :grinning:

Oh yeah you get car location/map, fuel limit and range, next service due, local dealership, loads of stuff,

View attachment 173162
That’s a bit more like it.
As I said had this in my merc since 2015 and it was available in the A class back then. Wonder when Audi will roll this out to the whole range.

On the MyAudi app I get a map which I can use to send locations to the car for use by the satnav, which is quite useful. However this map doesn’t appear to offer any other functions like car location. It seems to show where I’m currently located, but not the car location. Or am I missing something?

On the MyAudi app I get a map which I can use to send locations to the car for use by the satnav, which is quite useful. However this map doesn’t appear to offer any other functions like car location. It seems to show where I’m currently located, but not the car location. Or am I missing something?

Yeah that’s the Audi connect/myAudi app.
If your phone was connected to the MMI it will store where you parked it as well. You can also use google maps to send addresses to the MMI.

Sorry if I’m being dim, but I don’t follow.

I can connect to the car via the MyAudi app and AudiConnect, to the extent that I can send addresses
to the MMI. What else do I need to do so that I can see the car’s location on the MyAudi app?

I can connect to the car via the MyAudi app and AudiConnect, to the extent that I can send addresses
to the MMI. What else do I need to do so that I can see the car’s location on the MyAudi app?

Location wise, god knows. doesn't work on my app. Only works on Apple Maps and Googlemaps for me. If your app is working fine then you just need to enter an address in the map part of the myaudi app and send it to your car. Once in your car you need to go to "Nav" then click on Audi connect destinations i believe, then it should be there.

There are simple videos on youtube showing you more direct instructions that we can give you on here mate. Just google it!!

The old app used to mark the position where your phone disconnected. Doesn’t look like the new one has it.

Reactions: Mikeso51
Thanks AIS3BE. The MyAudi app has been so unstable in recent months that it’s difficult to know what
functionally it has any more.

Ormesome: Thanks, but I know how to send destinations to the car and how to retrieve them to use in the satnav, as I explained in my earlier posts. I use this feature regularly. My query was about locating the car, and it seems that this feature is no longer available in the latest incarnation of MyAudi.

Reactions: Ormesome
Thanks AIS3BE. The MyAudi app has been so unstable in recent months that it’s difficult to know what
functionally it has any more.

Ormesome: Thanks, but I know how to send destinations to the car and how to retrieve them to use in the satnav, as I explained in my earlier posts. I use this feature regularly. My query was about locating the car, and it seems that this feature is no longer available in the latest incarnation of MyAudi.

To be fair the locating the car wasn’t that great. Half the time the app didn’t connect to the car properly and it doesnt remember the location it stopped. It’s not like a tracker. Think the newer Audi models acts like a tracker.