Advise - Buying a A3 2.0t dsg to replace A3 Quatro

New2AudiA3

Reaction score
Well I've been offered a 2006 2.0t dsg to replace my 2003 Quatro Sport.

Although reasonably high mileage for a 2006 model with 140000 it does have full Audi Service History. One long owner with one short.

Question is should I consider this car? Pulls really well. extremely tidy but loathe to give up Quatro. Will I miss this much. 2.0t is s line model.

What should I look for? Any pros or cons to buying?

Never driven a dsg so will be all new. Mainly to be used for work which should be mainly motorway miles.

All advise appreciated. TIA.

Imho once you drive a dsg you'll not look back, I'd never go back to manual now. Even with fsh i'd check that the dsg oil has been changed every 40k which should of been done at least 3 times on that mileage. otherwise just check out all the usual. Also you can check through previous mot's on the .gov site and see some of it's priors there, failures and advisories etc.

Difficult one !! DSG is good but the whole point of an Audi is quattro really.,

Buy an S3 and have both :)

Reactions: Bryant1998
See here in lies my issue. I love Quatro hence the diesel sport Quatro as had been practical for travel. It has stage 1 tune which puts it on par with the dsg model power wise. However obviously petrol is quicker. Also don't know if I would miss manual as well.

Plus point on dsg. Full Audi service up until last 20k. 2 dsg services noted. Also car had full service 6k ago where all filters and oils were done so know recently serviced again. Have to admit it's smooth. Concerned on fuel costs if stuck in traffic however if comuter times avoided I think it won't be too bad and there are smiles to be had planting right foot

You’re going to miss the Quattro. FWD only is going to spin the front wheels when starting off in the wet. Save some more cash and go for a DSG/Quattro model.