Audi finance contribution

pauly69

Reaction score
General Audi finance query, but as the A3 forum is particularly lively...

Assuming I’m gonna pay cash for my car, can I still take advantage of any finance contributions e.g. buy on PCP but then pay off immediately? Do they claw back the contribution? Any difference between the first 14 day withdrawal versus paying off with a little interest after that?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think others have done this but I don't know the specific details.
I have done it 3 times with Ford who made it much easier. There was no need to set up a PCP deal....all you had to do to qualify for the full contribution was take the minimum amount(£2500) on finance over the minimum period(24 months) then settle the balance in full after the first months payment. All it cost was a few pounds interest but you kept all of the original contribution. :)

Reactions: Jcbmally and S32B
Take the pcp and all the goodies like contribution and free servicing then settle before 14 days and you won’t get charged any interest after 14 days you will get charged interests for the days/months.
I think the 14 days limit is the consumer credit act cooling off period.
Done this before to take advantage of free servicing/contribution. Once you get it they can’t take it away even if you settle.
The dealer loses their commission. Not that anyone cares about the dealers commission. They also lose it if you voluntarily terminate the agreement.

Reactions: Bells, Jcbmally and pauly69
Reactions: Bells
Absolutely agree take everything you can get.....but is free servicing an actual thing with Audi Solutions?
I done a quick search and all I could find was a dealer specific offer of 2 free services when purchasing an approved used car.
https://www.inchcape.co.uk/audi/service-and-repair/two-years-free-servicing/
I only managed to get one free service thrown in with my car on a cash purchase.

I got 3 years free servicing with my merc and £3k contribution as well. Never seen audi with free servicing before.

I’ve had experience of doing this twice once in 2017 and in 2018, first time was with my S3 to keep £2500 contribution I was weary of any clawback so I paid interest for 1 month for the sake of £20 or so I made sure I’d kept the deposit contribution, my salesman was leaving the job anyway so he didn’t loose out on anything I was his last handover on his last day :grinning:

However, on my Dads A3 early last year he cleared the finance within 7 days and kept his £500 contribution and 2 free services :icon thumright:

Reactions: pauly69
I got 3 years free servicing with my merc and £3k contribution as well. Never seen audi with free servicing before.
They offer free services quite regularly with PCP (usually used approved cars though rather than new), S and RS usually always exempt though

Reactions: AlS3BE
Yeah this will be a new car but the contribution is well worth taking PCP then withdrawing or settling early.

Cheers all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bells
They offer free services quite regularly with PCP (usually used approved cars though rather than new), S and RS usually always exempt though
No surprise given the RS tax!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bells and Kondax