Ok chaps, what's the recommeded opticians to use these days.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really chap's , it would appear I need new driving glasses now ( my eyes just don't work that well now … ), but don't fancy going back to my original opticians from some time ago.
Based on pricing , customer service and generally if they are nice, who should I go too.

Any feedback on the subject would be great.

rob

Nothing yet..lol , just finding my long distance vision is not as sharp as it used to be and best keep the right side of the law and stay a safe driver.

Use to be with D and A no longer around as joined with boots but all the d and a staff moved across to my local boots couldnt do more for you no rushing or talking **** as for price it all depends on you your self if you want a brand name on the side of your frame etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra and Charlie Farley
not fussed about branding really , just want a nice set of specs that do the job without being ripped off for expensive ones that may not be any better than the rest.
I only use them for driving anyway.

Reactions: Sandra
Have you considered laser? My left eye started to giving me problems driving at night, couldn't get used to wearing specs so went the whole hog and got the op. Expensive but my vision is as good as it's ever been, need to wear readers now though (cheapos) but that's no real issue for me.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I use a local company for contact lenses and glasses. Very good service and price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been going to Specsavers for the last few years. Their general and customer service is WAY better than a few years ago. Always get in on time, polite and knowledgable staff. I have actually just got back from them. I'm trying to get some decent multi focal contacts, but they're not cheap!!!

Also you can just have your eyes tested then buy glasses online will save loads of £££

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I used Dolland and Aitchison for many years. As Martin said they were taken over by boots. I find the service is good and they have a really good range of glasses. Being female I like designer glasses and sunglasses, but they have glasses to suit all Rob,

Reactions: martin1984 and Charlie Farley
many thanks for all the feedback , lots of very good info for me to chomp on over the next few days.....

have a good evening all
rob

Reactions: martin1984 and Sandra
I've used Boots for the last 25+ years. Very content. Staff turnover was very low ( I still see the same people I saw 20 years ago !)
However it's all changed and the (previously separate Opticians ) has move into a huge new ( read must be expensive) building. Staff seem to be rushed off their feet , all but one of the assistants are new ...….
I also use them for hearing - that's also going downhill.....( both mine and the service ! )