Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251)

MarkyB

Reaction score
Evening All,

has anyone replaced the Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251) on an S3?

My VAG-COM is reporting a fault (as confirmed by the ABS and Traction Control/ESP Lights coming on when driving)

01279 - Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

I've found several threads talking about various sensors, but there doesn't appear to be a definitive statement on where it is, how to get to it and how much a replacement part is.

Assuming that it isn't a complete nightmare to replace, I'll be giving VAG Parts a call in the morning.

Cheers,

Mark.

right literally 3 hours ago just fixed this problem.

The sensor you are talking about is behind the glove box.

Took me 30 minutes to replace it and have the car back in one piece.

Open passenger door and remove panel at the end of the dash, then take out the torx screws(will need a T25 torx bit for this) then open the glovebox and at the top if you look up you will see 3 more torx screws remove all 3 of these and finally one more at the bottom of the dash near the centre console.

then pull the glovebox out and disconnect the wire for the glovebox light and i left the airbag light connected and leaned the glovebox sideways inside the car up against the centre console to tyake the strain off the airbag light switch wire.

Then look on the A-pillar you will see a small bracket connecting a sensor to the car chassis, disconnect the wire from it and use a 10mm socket to unscrew the bracket. Lever the bracket into 2 pieces and replace the sensor screw the bracket back to the a-pillar clip the wire back in and put it all back together.

As for the implausible signal - interminttent, I dont know what that is my car only had the other fault.

Once again, the Audi-Sport forums come out trumps :)

I'll give VAG Parts a call tomorrow. I had the glove box out when I fitted a CD-Changer lead to the radio-cassette so I've got the right torx screws and a socket set that will fit.

* the "implausible signal" thing is the error message from VAG-COM for the faulty sensor, so it's just the one fault (phew!).

I'm really looking forward to getting rid of that d*mn ABS/ESP warning.

Cheers,

Mark.