Getting the MMI updated

newfoundglory

Reaction score
Hi all

My 66 plate A3 hatch had its first oil and inspection service on Friday at 2 years old. I suspect they updated some sort of software (not MMI), because the start stop disabled message now has the start-stop logo which I'm pretty sure it didn't previously.

However, i'm still stuck on MMI version 0148 which must date back to mid-2016. There is a problem with loading destinations/POIs with this version and i'd like to get it updated. Apparently a known issue. Back in March or April, Audi was updating some to 0213.

Is there a newer MMI than this for the A3, and should I approach a local dealer first or contact Audi UK directly?

I had exactly the same issue when I bought my A3 in March last year. Could not load the poi files to get the money box cameras to show on the Nav. Read about it on the net and on here I think and found the MMI needed to be updated to 0159.?

Word was that unless there was something that did not work in the MMI Audi would not update it. I approached my dealer expecting to be fobbed off but they were very helpful. Located the service bulletin ordered the software and booked the car in for the day. However they found they needed yet more software so kept the car overnight and into the next day (courtesy car provided for both days).

Went to pick it up the next day and tried to load the poi files online via Audi connect and it worked perfectly first time. I will check tomorrow exactly which version I was on and what it was updated to but I think it was 0159.

@newfoundglory I checked on the software, actually firmware version, and it was 0170 when the car was new in March 2017 and was updated to 0192 in August 2017 which fixed the problem.

Although the dealer service manager was very helpful. When I said I have info from the web which shows that updating to 0192 fixes the issue he said they would only follow the Audi service bulletin. Unfortunately I don't know the service bulletin number.

It is most probable that they may be on different firmware issue by now but you may struggle to convince them to go to the very latest release. It is not always desirable to update the firmware if you aren't having other issues but I think if you approach the dealer with here is my problem and I understand there is a specific service bulletin for it they should help.

When I worked in machine control software we discovered there are only two rules governing software.

Rule 1. All software has bugs.
Rule 2. One bug fixed - two new ones created.

I have seen things on this forum and others where versions 0159, 0192 and 0211 and 0213 have all been mentioned.

From what i understand 0159 and 0192 may or may not fix the problem. It seems that 0213 has a known bug which prevents bluetooth from working and patches for it can go wrong causing the whole MMI system to be replaced under warranty.

I suppose for that reason i was hoping for something newer.

Hi - I just received my A3 Sedan from the factory this week - with MMI Software Version 0235, so there's a newer version than the one mentioned above.

From what i understand 0159 and 0192 may or may not fix the problem. It seems that 0213 has a known bug which prevents bluetooth from working and patches for it can go wrong causing the whole MMI system to be replaced under warranty.

Like i said above there are only two rules governing software.

Rule 1. All software has bugs.
Rule 2. One bug fixed - two new ones created.

Reactions: oli356
I was the original poster of this thread about a year ago. My 66 plate (2016) A3 is about to go out of warranty, and my Audi dealer updated the MMI to the latest version (from 0148) which is mentioned above - 0235. So older models can take the newest updates.