Car park ding :(

Weeb

Reaction score
Came back to my parked car tonight to see some ‘Fine, upstanding member of the community’ had reversed his car into my passenger front wing and driven off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfe9da238ede3fd0177c12008dea4510.jpg

Damn dude... I had kinda the same issue, thankfully he left a note and got it all sorted trough insurance. No camera's nearby?

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 193
Was council car park at train station with cctv, will enquire about footage. I have got a crime number though. Hopefully camera footage will catch them

Damn dude... I had kinda the same issue, thankfully he left a note and got it all sorted trough insurance. No camera's nearby?

Out of interest, do you remember the cost to repair damage?

Out of interest, do you remember the cost to repair damage?

I've got the full bill but that included a new headlight, bumper & the panel that you have damaged too. The panel was €181,00 without montage & respray. (audi price, Belgium). I'm not sure but a body shop might be able to repair yours instead of replacing it?

Looking at your pic it looks like the the Wheel Arch has a crease in it which could be the stumbling block to panel out but it is worth popping to a body shop to see if it can be done non expensively

Quoted £1200 from accident repair shop

Forget that just buy a salavage wing in mint condition and get it painted and fit urself be cheaper than £1200

My brother inlaw owns a bodyshop and would say as above, source a secondhand wing and have it painted,fit yourself or have the bodyshop do it, I'd say £1200 is a way over inflated price.

£1200 Sounds like they are buying the wing from Audi, painting it as well as replacing every nut bolt and bracket holding it in place plus a crapload for labour.

£1200 is not too far off from my incident which involved having new from Audi rear bumper painted and fitted, rear panel work done and a tailgate I supplied painted and fitted. That price sounds very inflated.

I will suggest at Matt268uk mentioned and source a wing yourself. Second hand on ebay looking up 8p s3 Audi Misano red wing brings up some for around £100. Fit it yourself or get a mechanic of your choice to do it. Definitely way less than the £1200 quoted.

Sorry to hear this bud! I'm immensely paranoid about this. Just ask my gf when she has to walk from the *** end of every car park miles away from civilisation!

I had something similar happen to me (pics attached)...not picked up on the car park cameras :rage:
I'd highly recommend Autocraft Repairs (www.autocraftrepairs.com) if you are anywhere near them. £978 inc VAT for a genuine replacement wing (passenger side), scuff repairs to left side of front bumper, paint wing & scuff repair and fade in with the door. This included a courtesy car for the duration.

Link to my thread for anymore details on it: www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-hit-and-run-damage.374482/

Autocraft Repairs
T
01483 488 333
F 01483 489 090
W www.autocraftrepairs.com
Unit 6 | The Timber Yard | Lucas Green Road | West End | Surrey | GU24 9YB

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20180720_081758.jpg
    20180720_081758.jpg
    779.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 20180720_081902.jpg
    20180720_081902.jpg
    933.5 KB · Views: 124
All done & dusted or rather painted!

Guy caught on cctv, copper paid him a visit, he accepted liability, his insurance rang me direct & paid for all repairs.

Thanks for replies

Reactions: James__S3, abmat, Jonnie and 3 others
Top result....

...but how did you get a copper to visit the guy???? They wont even investigate burglaries these days.

Reactions: Weeb
Top result....

...but how did you get a copper to visit the guy???? They wont even investigate burglaries these days.

I made him an offer he couldn’t refuse

All done & dusted or rather painted!

Guy caught on cctv, copper paid him a visit, he accepted liability, his insurance rang me direct & paid for all repairs.

Thanks for replies

Glad to hear everything has been sorted now and you're not liable!

But this does annoy the hell out of me that these people don't get charged for criminal damage or something to deter people from doing this in the future. The guy who hit my car wasn't caught on camera so I had to take on the full cost and he got away scott free. These people really wind me up!