Cruise control and cowling

Leighton82

Reaction score
Hi. Ive been waiting to retrofit a cruise and dis stalk for ages but the new cowling i bought doesn't have the hole in the lower part for the cruise stalk. Does anyone have one for sale in decent condition?

If not, does anyone have a template to cut it out? If so, id b much obliged. Also, what tool would u use to make the hole neatly and where on earth do u buy rubber trim from.

Cheers all....

If you look on the inside of the cowling you’ll see where you need to cut

There was nothing marked on mine but it was easy to mark out, it's centred on the indicator cut but slightly narrower.
Measure dia. of CC switch, work out hole centre pstn and beg borrow/steal correct size holesaw. (Can't remember)
Then just cut down square and tidy up.

Cheers. Holesaw didnt warp plastic as u drilled? What advice for runner trim round edge?

Holesaw was fine, getting the 1/4" pilot hole in the right place is the important bit. Note, the indicator & CC hole centres are square to the top edge of the cowl so use an engineering square on the top edge to mark out.
Nice steady speed with the holesaw.
Junior hacksaw for the straight cuts.
No rubber on mine.
I'll try and get a photo.

Here we go

Attachments

• IMG_20181026_081312917.jpg
    IMG_20181026_081312917.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
I cut my original cowel out very carefully and it looks fine, softly softly and all that...