Retrofit Electric Heated Seats help

gkoutsis

Reaction score
So, I got my new fully electric heated seats, got the loom from Kufatec (not 100% sure its the correct one though) and I am about to route the cables.

Carpet is out so I am seeing bare metal now :)

Any ideas how to route it? or maybe a pdf ? The loom code is 34045-3

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20181010_172721.JPG
    IMG_20181010_172721.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,734
I recently did this on my own A3 and used the same wiring loom from Kufatec. I'm guessing you have full electric including lumbar ? if so you have the correct loom. as for routing i just run mine from seat connection along under the trim just inside the doors and then up under the dash behind all the side trim etc to the fuse box and climate control panel.

Yes mine are full electric including lumbar.
I did found the way to route it, I believe its the same way as the factory loom. All went ok. I am still finishing the install so haven't connected them to the 12V power yet.

So, I got my new fully electric heated seats, got the loom from Kufatec (not 100% sure its the correct one though) and I am about to route the cables.

Thanks

i got this loom bare in mind it’s for left hand so just be careful wiring up as mine worked the opposite seats lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

oh yous is left hand my bad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could anyone help with connecting the lumbar support to the fusebox? I have two wires labeled as K1.30 Where should I connect them to? (have the same kufatec loom 34045-3)

Last edited:
Could anyone help with connecting the lumbar support to the fusebox? I have two wires labeled as K1.30 Where should I connect them to? (have the same kufatec loom 34045-3)

K1.30 is just a power feed. So just get a powerline from battery 12V to the fusebox and connect them together by properly crimping the wires in the fusebox.

Reactions: ch1z64
I have only lumbar support on the seats (not electric adjustment) Do I need to feed only the one K1.30 wire or they are both needed? And on the Kufatec loom, K1.30 wires already has connectors installed. I think they just needs to be clipped in the fusebox?

I have only lumbar support on the seats (not electric adjustment) Do I need to feed only the one K1.30 wire or they are both needed? And on the Kufatec loom, K1.30 wires already has connectors installed. I think they just needs to be clipped in the fusebox?

Yes, put in in a free slot. And wire a new cable from the battery to the slot above it. Then put a 20A fuse in it to close the circuit.

I thought there is already 12v feed in the fusebox original.. Like the heated seats one.. Thanks

Any ideas where to find ignition live to connect the heated seats on my A3? I don't want to have permanent 12v on them.

Any ideas where to find ignition live to connect the heated seats on my A3? I don't want to have permanent 12v on them.
The first row of the small fuses is ignition live.
The second row is permanent 12v.
As henkkeumus said, check with your multimeter.