Brake discs and pads confusion

Wealdon

Reaction score
Looking to change front and rear brake discs and pads on my a3 2.0 litre TDI 16 v - 2006, my service book states car uses pr code 1ZE (288mm) For front and PR 1KD For rear (253mm) , found an excellent price for mintex box sets , total price £89.50 including delivery, cross checked on mintex site which says front pads mdb2604, rear pads mdb1377, and front discs mdc1638 and rear discs mdc1640, I contacted the supplier and he said front codes look right but rear uses two styles of pads so a bit confusing, any thoughts on this

I've got the same brake setup and yep those part numbers are right.
Is that 89.50 for both front and rear? If so that's a bargain

Yes £89.50 for both inc uk delivery via dpd, best deal I found will post link if allowed

For some reason can't put link up, the company is quality.car.parts on ebay, £51.50 for 2x front discs and pads and £38 for 2 x rear discs and pads inc delivery all Mintex.

How’s your Unipart discs and pads coming along by the way?

The unipart discs upfront are brilliant. Think it's cos I'm using oe pads with them. Still surprised I got them for that price. The paint on them is holding up well as well

The unipart discs upfront are brilliant. Think it's cos I'm using oe pads with them. Still surprised I got them for that price. The paint on them is holding up well as well

Cool. No lipping or rust? In that case might as well pick up a fresh set when I paint the calipers.

Cool. No lipping or rust? In that case might as well pick up a fresh set when I paint the calipers.

Won't get a lip until the disc is worn. Won't be worn for many 1000s of miles.
No rust as I painted the hubs and edges before I fit them.
The main issue is warping with cheap discs, and in the few thousand miles I've had them they haven't warped, so good so far

Reactions: maxpayne