Scottish/northerners retrofit.

I was just about to ask the same thing. I’ve not got mine yet.
@DJAlix ?
Sorry guys. Realised I still needed to bottom out a couple things after I posted that notice, then it got silly busy. Comms will be going out tomorrow as I have scheduled an admin day.

Reactions: Dunedin, ch1z64, Sandra and 1 other person
Sorry guys. Realised I still needed to bottom out a couple things after I posted that notice, then it got silly busy. Comms will be going out tomorrow as I have scheduled an admin day.
:icon thumright:
Wallet still recovering anyway so no rush.

Back from enjoying the Isle of Skye in a caterham a d working through an inbox - did the emails come out?
The Isle of Skye many a good memory off being there , hope you went to the Pub in Uig where the band Brogue where born .( one on the way in n out )

Has the email been sent have I missed it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess this ain’t happening then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not heard anything for a while now. Not got email.
I’m not in a huge rush for the bits I want so a bit later works for me.

Reactions: Sandra
If he does come up, any chance I can be included for a magride calibration? Getting my car lowered soon so will need it.

Update on this.

I have spoken to Alex this morning and he is working out the arrangements on some premises to work at before he sets a date. He will then email you guys back with details, pricing etc. If any others want to be included in this please email Alex with your requirements and he will get back to you. The more the merrier, let’s make Alex’s trip to Scotland worthwhile, then he may be able to do as a regular thing, Thank you all for your patience, @DJAlix really appreciates it. :) x

Reactions: AlS3BE and JonnyS3
Update on this.

I have spoken to Alex this morning and he is working out the arrangements on some premises to work at before he sets a date. He will then email you guys back with details, pricing etc. If any others want to be included in this please email Alex with your requirements and he will get back to you. The more the merrier, let’s make Alex’s trip to Scotland worthwhile, then he may be able to do as a regular thing, Thank you all for your patience, @DJAlix really appreciates it. :) x

Thanks !

Holy thread revival Batman.

@DJAlix - are you still chatting to Dave ? I see he has a pretty sizeable unit now and with it just opening might be keen or have the space to make it work now ?

Cheers !

Holy thread revival Batman.

@DJAlix - are you still chatting to Dave ? I see he has a pretty sizeable unit now and with it just opening might be keen or have the space to make it work now ?

Cheers !
And he has a corner setup just for me, no joke :)

Currently finalising the details and will then be reaching out to people to see who is still interested etc

Reactions: RS5 JON, AlS3BE and JonnyS3
Great news !
Haven’t been to the new unit yet but will certainly still be interested when you finalise it all.

Cheers :thumbs up:

@DJAlix let me know if you change your mind about stopping en-route to Scotland in Newcastle for a folding mirrors retro, am only 2 minutes off the A1 :)

@DJAlix let me know if you change your mind about stopping en-route to Scotland in Newcastle for a folding mirrors retro, am only 2 minutes off the A1 :)
Will most likely be taking a train.

Reactions: Pook and Sandra
Provisional Dates:
  • 10th through to 14th March
I will be contacting all that PM'd and emailed tomorrow and Monday. Apologies guys, its been crazy busy and I had also been waiting on workshop space within the new DH Automotive Unit.

Edit: corrected dates.

Last edited:
Reactions: RS5 JON, Sandra and AlS3BE
Provisional Dates:
  • 18th through to 14th March
I will be contacting all that PM'd and emailed tomorrow and Monday. Apologies guys, its been crazy busy and I had also been waiting on workshop space within the new DH Automotive Unit.
I won't manage as I will be offshore then

Won't be back until April, but I will have a word with a guy up here to see if he could do what I am needing , it is just too see if I can get coming home lights done , it's a 2009 S3 I have

Possibly a bit late to jump on the bandwagon but only picking my car up today and was having a look on here! :smile new: Alix what would a rough cost be for fitting/coding of an *** subwoofer, and where would be the best place to get one and related wiring?

Reactions: Dunedin
Possibly a bit late to jump on the bandwagon but only picking my car up today and was having a look on here! :smile new: Alix what would a rough cost be for fitting/coding of an *** subwoofer, and where would be the best place to get one and related wiring?
I can supply all the needed parts + make up the wiring. Send me a pm.

Reactions: Dunedin
*this was in the process of being posted yesterday however a job that was scheduled for 2pm to 4pm overran to 23:00 due to issues with customer parts"

Ok guys dates have slipped again. Apologies, its something out of my control but this will be final and will be set in stone unless a number of people cannot make any of the dates. The duration of my trip will be dependant on demand but I am proposing to arrive in Scotland March 18th. At this moment in time I am planning the 21st March to be my last day.

Basically I need to plan / allow time to get any needed parts on order and for their delivery, and was working things out with DHAutomotive, and every time I tried to sit down to work on the plans something got in the way.

Comms will be fired out late tonight to all who have messaged in order to find out who is still interested and the required works. I had no time yesterday and its my daughters 5th birthday today so I cannot really sit at the computer until she has stuffed her face with cake, worn out the Paw Patrol toys and passed out on the sofa. Once I start receiving replies, I have set up special priority email rules on my server for the addresses I have so far, I will then get final quotes etc over straight away.

Just as an FYI these are types of works I will be able to complete while visiting:
  • Standard Coding (Needle Sweeps, Beeps On Locks, VIM etc etc)
  • Dealer Level Coding (Software Version Management)
  • Dealer Level Diagnostics
  • Firmware and Navigation Data Updates (not MMI4G/MIB units)
  • Single and Duel Channel Dashcam Installations
  • Genuine Audi Navigation Feature and Navigation Data Activations
  • Genuine Audi Smartphone Interface (Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for compatible vehicles)
  • Genuine Audi Cruise Control
  • Genuine Auto Lights and Wipers (MQB vehicles only)
  • Genuine Audi Sound System
  • Genuine Power Adjustable, Heated and Folding Mirrors
  • Genuine Audi Sound System Plus (VAG Car Coding exclusive - *** Centre and Sub + uprated front door speakers)
  • Genuine Active TPMS
  • Genuine Reversing Camera (High with Adaptive Guide Lines is all I supply)
  • Genuine Key Coding
  • Genuine A3 Facelift Rear Lights (LED Dynamic Sweeping. No Module BS, OEM installation)
  • Magnetic Ride Recalibration
  • AirRide Recalibration
  • Gearbox Recalibration and Adaptation
  • + more
If needed I can arrange to be available for MQB / MLBevo Virtual Cockpit coding and or a retrofit including MIB2 Retrofitting.

I can supply the parts or you can bring your own for any of the retrofits I offer. Works I will NOT be taking on are:

1) Headlight Retrofits
2) Heated Seats

Why?

1) is too much hassle. Am not even interested in coding them, sorry.
2) is for liability reasons, however happy to code your own installation.

*I am licensed to work on all VAG Brands so this trip is not just for Audis.

This trip is also not the only time I am looking to visit Scotland. I provide business services to DHAutomotive and due to Mr Hendersons epic expansion in both workshop and service / product offerings, this has the potential to turn in to a bi-monthly event, all be it with future visits being shorter maybe.

Once again sorry for the delays in getting this off the ground. It seems that every time I go to sit down something comes up and its impossible to focus however I have put my foot down and its now my mission to make this happen if there is still enough interest.

Edit: parking sensors back on the menu as Dave Henderson is more than happy to handle the body work side of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunedin, RS5 JON, AlS3BE and 2 others
No need to apologise mate, can imagine the logistics of planning a trip like this are difficult! I sent you a PM on here yesterday(I think, I'm not sure if it sent because my profile is brand new!) would you rather I fired you over an email instead if that's easier?

No need to apologise mate, can imagine the logistics of planning a trip like this are difficult! I sent you a PM on here yesterday(I think, I'm not sure if it sent because my profile is brand new!) would you rather I fired you over an email instead if that's easier?
You can use the private message system, there are no restrictions because your new, or message Alex on link below

https://www.vagcarcoding.com/contact_us/

Cake and paw patrol sounds much better than retrofits :icon thumright:
Just a quick question, in your future visit would you be doing things like front parking sensors?