Audi vs egg

CB98

Reaction score
hi, I was driving along the motorway on my way home from work tonight and as I was going under a bridge some little f**ker threw an egg at my car! Raging is not the word! As I was travelling at 60mph I didn’t even get a chance to look up at them! It’s really scratched my roof and has broke the paint through to the metal! I’ve pressure washed it and used some car shampoo to make sure all of the egg is gone. Is there anything else I should do to make sure that I won’t have any problems with my paint work? Apart from getting the scratch fixed that the egg has left

Last edited:
Little sh*t but at least it was an egg and not a rock. I once hit a bird (a Red Kite) on a French Motorway when I was doing about 90 mph. It hit the A-pillar and made rather a mess (poor bird was finished). Amazingly there was no permanent damage to the car but if it had hit the windscreen I may not have been here to tell the tale.

If it’s through to the metal I would put some wax or sealant over it till you get it painted. It will stop it rusting. I’m surprised an egg broke the paint. I hit a bird once and it barely scratched the lacquer.
These little buggers should be locked away.

If it’s through to the metal I would put some wax or sealant over it till you get it painted. It will stop it rusting. I’m surprised an egg broke the paint. I hit a bird once and it barely scratched the lacquer.
These little buggers should be locked away.

A wax or sealant won’t stop rust

The galvanizing of the metal should stop it rusting.

Reactions: lledwoc
Little sh*t but at least it was an egg and not a rock. I once hit a bird (a Red Kite) on a French Motorway when I was doing about 90 mph. It hit the A-pillar and made rather a mess (poor bird was finished). Amazingly there was no permanent damage to the car but if it had hit the windscreen I may not have been here to tell the tale.

Someone threw a rock at my drivers window once and it came right through I was fuming but just so lucky and thankful that it didn't hit me in the head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an egg thrown at Me once by a passing van, hit me in the ribs, bounced off and landed on the floor without a mark on it! I was bruised up like!

This maybe an urban myth but I read that would be car jackers through an egg at your windscreen. As soon as you attempt to clear the screen with the wipers it smears the egg obscuring your view so you have to stop.

I scooped a duck up sometime back, little quacker smashed through the grill on the lower valance and took its final sh1t up my radiator.

Reactions: Jimbob76, Pook and daytonamart
I had my driver side window smash on me when I was doing *70mph* I assumed it to be a fault with the window or something similar, but the AA bloke said he bet his life it had been shot by some little scrot bag hoping I would pull over and he could try to jack the car.
I was covered in glass and lucky not to swerve and hit something, It did nearly £2k worth of damage to the paint on the way out!!! Luckily the insurance covered it under the £75 windscreen excess as I argued it was all caused by the glass and was not a separate claim!

I hit a pheasant at outside lane speeds a while back in my glorious 3.2 V6 TT, new front bumper, radiator ans screen washers.... 2 months later the mechatronic unit failed. I loved the sound of the V6.

Reactions: Tom.H and NevMan
Haha, I also hit a pheasant in my old TT 3.2 V6...and had 1 new Mechatronics unit...and 2 new gearboxes while the dealer tried to trace a clunk when going into 6th.
Still my favourite car to date, enjoyed it more than my current S3 Saloon. Lovely sound but not quite as nice as my sons old Golf R32.

Reactions: TYb
Haha, I also hit a pheasant in my old TT 3.2 V6...and had 1 new Mechatronics unit...and 2 new gearboxes while the dealer tried to trace a clunk when going into 6th.
Still my favourite car to date, enjoyed it more than my current S3 Saloon. Lovely sound but not quite as nice as my sons old Golf R32.
I know what you mean, a bit more theatre.

Reactions: Martinbanshee

I came from a MK5 R32, still miss the sound of it although the pops on the S3 make up for a little.

Reactions: Martinbanshee