Rear brake pads/discs .. help removing caliper bracket bolts!!

Katiek

Reaction score
Hi. hoping to get some tips.

I have new rear discs and pads to put on.. attempted yesterday and I hit a brick wall when it came to the bolts holding in the caliper bracket in place, the 2 bolts will not budge at all. Tried soaking in WD40 but no luck. They don't look rounded off, just totally stuck!

I have read a few comments saying you don't need to remove the bracket to replace the pads, but I think this is just for B6's ?

Going to give it another try tomorrow but if anyone has any suggestions that would be a great help ! Thanks.

I think it’s quite clear you are not using a big enough hammer.

Reactions: RichMk3, maxdrz400, martin1984 and 1 other person
Depending on which rear discs and calipers are fitted to your car, it is possible to just remove one bolt and swing the caliper clear of the disc to change the pads , its is also possible to change the discs aswell without having to remove the caliper carriers completely.
all depends on what setup you have fitted
I know as I have done it several times and it doesn't take long, you'll need a caliper piston wind back tool for the rears though as they need to be wound back to get the new pads in.

Reactions: Katiek
Leave them. I did. Mines a tfsi quattro for ref.

Leave them. I did. Mines a tfsi quattro for ref.

Hi, do you mean you managed to leave the bracket in place and remove the old disc to replace? mine is a tfsi quattro too 06 plate.