Facelift Advice on next car

Anyone seen the new q8
A friend has just got cl65 amg in for sale it's got a proper v12 roar.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Anyone seen the new q8
A friend has just got cl65 amg in for sale it's got a proper v12 roar.

Monster that thing! How much? Haha.

Not huge on the Q8. Just it's place in the World. Another twin turbo V8 shared chassis thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS4B5
Q8 in Carlisle Audi £87000 :scared2:

Reactions: RS4B5 and NevMan
very true, RS6 easily :)

They only come in 3.0 TDI but we all know the rsq8 = urus the cl65 is going for 30k

They only come in 3.0 TDI but we all know the rsq8 = urus the cl65 is going for 30k

£30k. £30k man...it's mad isn't it? Urus and Q8 are just cash cows. It's a formula isn't it. It works. People buy them.

I think RSQ7 would be a far more aggressive/traditional looking beast.

Reactions: RS4B5, Jcbmally and NevMan
Bl**dy hell!! - RS4 rather than that :icon thumright:
I now, I had to look twice. It was well spec'd but not top of the range, the way the salesman was talking £95k+ fully loaded. :scared2:.

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
I now, I had to look twice. It was well spec'd but not top of the range, the way the salesman was talking £95k+ fully loaded. :scared2:.

In no possible reality is that car worth that much!

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
In no possible reality is that car worth that much!

Definitely not, I'd rather have an RS4/RS6 Avant and save the change for a year or two of petrol.

Update:

Got a cracking offer for my S4. Straight sale and funnily enough, from the original dealership I purchased from. Think I'll be doing this and hopefully get good news at the bank Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

Allows me to just get out there and go buy a car. No part Ex.

Oh. A dealer in Aberdeen basically said they couldn't part Ex my S4 because it was high mileage for its age Said he couldn't make an offer I'd be happy with. I was bamboozled. They've got an RS4 that's been sitting there and I was offering a deposit to secure. Madness. My car is sub 30k miles (just). Not 80k!

Last edited:
Reactions: A12RNX, NevMan and Riko0073
nice one @Thundercliffe81, will give you so much more choice/options not having to go via dealer.
The mind does boggle, sub 30k is not exactly high mileage, but I suppose they want 2-3 year old cars with under 15k...their loss

Fingers crossed all goes well at the bank on Tuesday :thumbs up:

nice one @Thundercliffe81, will give you so much more choice/options not having to go via dealer.
The mind does boggle, sub 30k is not exactly high mileage, but I suppose they want 2-3 year old cars with under 15k...their loss

Fingers crossed all goes well at the bank on Tuesday :thumbs up:

I might still go buy the car if the price is right and bank are on side. We'll see. It's dragging

Q8 are just cash cows. It's a formula isn't it. It works. People buy them.
k

Just shows how the new Audis are the new iPhone fashion accessory. Have been looking at the new Touareg and to be honest the new single main screen works better than the A7 I tried.

Hope you find/get what you want. Previous gen cars seem to have a little more 'Soul' or that 'something'

Just shows how the new Audis are the new iPhone fashion accessory. Have been looking at the new Touareg and to be honest the new single main screen works better than the A7 I tried.

Hope you find/get what you want. Previous gen cars seem to have a little more 'Soul' or that 'something'

You're very right. It's hard to make a case for them being 'better'. But they're certainly more special/soulful.

Is the A7 touch tech that bad? They are the bridge to fully autonomous unfortunately. The new Audi A6/7/8 advert shows that. Guy doesn't even get in the drivers seat

No its not too bad. All cars are heading that way as you say. The VW has the most un-annoying touch screen layout I've tried. especially the temp controls, they work really well. It also looks neater in one screen.

Everything just appears to be getting a little more sterile.

No its not too bad. All cars are heading that way as you say. The VW has the most un-annoying touch screen layout I've tried. especially the temp controls, they work really well. It also looks neater in one screen.

Everything just appears to be getting a little more sterile.

Been saying it a couple of years now on here. Can't create emotion. It's stirred. Sterile is a good word, mate.

Reactions: Nextcar?

There are other and better phones out there. BMW have got the exclusive on the Apple product whatever Audi might do with their phone intergration anyway...

Reactions: NevMan
Had you seen this one, good spec and milage, not sure if you wanted Daytona? I know V spokes were on your list and this has Rotors.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808039117182?atmobcid=soc3

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah I've seen it buddy The interior spec is one of the best I've seen in all honesty.

Confused about the sports exhaust though. Says it's got it and it doesn't have the black tips I flirted with Daytona at the start of my search but Sepang is leading the way! And black Pack I dunno...I'm struggling with it. In some ways, I'd say it's more aggressive but, I just think it suits the RS6 and RS3 more.

eae7454fb65fec183a6f19db7bf405bb.jpg

This parks near me often. I've warmed to the Rotors think them being in 20" helps.

Yeah I've seen it buddy The interior spec is one of the best I've seen in all honesty.

Confused about the sports exhaust though. Says it's got it and it doesn't have the black tips I flirted with Daytona at the start of my search but Sepang is leading the way! And black Pack I dunno...I'm struggling with it. In some ways, I'd say it's more aggressive but, I just think it suits the RS6 and RS3 more.

eae7454fb65fec183a6f19db7bf405bb.jpg

This parks near me often. I've warmed to the Rotors think them being in 20" helps.

I spotted the exhaust and was confused also. Daytona does suit it well but you can't go wrong with Sepang. For me it has to be black pack I don't like the bling!

The only thing I struggle with the black pack is having the silver mirrors. Just don't look right.

I spotted the exhaust and was confused also. Daytona does suit it well but you can't go wrong with Sepang. For me it has to be black pack I don't like the bling!

Haha. It's not like it has spinning chrome 22's

Speaking of wing mirrors, a car I was genuinely considering doesn't have the folding mirrors and it's broken me

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808249827472

No comfort pack I think, as it doesn't have memory seats. That was a real deal breaker for me. Had a car with electric seats and no memory before, what a waste of time pain in the but! (real world problem obviously)
That really is fully blinged with the matt chrome bumper trim too.
Maybe that does need the 22s

No comfort pack I think, as it doesn't have memory seats. That was a real deal breaker for me. Had a car with electric seats and no memory before, what a waste of time pain in the but! (real world problem obviously)
That really is fully blinged with the matt chrome bumper trim too.
Maybe that does need the 22s

I love the Matt Aluminium pack. Adds a bit more cut and aggression at front and rear. Don't suppose it's practically possible to retrofit electrically folding mirrors is it? Can't see how like.

I love the Matt Aluminium pack. Adds a bit more cut and aggression at front and rear. Don't suppose it's practically possible to retrofit electrically folding mirrors is it? Can't see how like.

I think they can be retrofitted but not cheap. You will find another that has everything you want.
Not bothered by seat memory?

I think they can be retrofitted but not cheap. You will find another that has everything you want.
Not bothered by seat memory?

Never had it. Never missed it Only me that drives it so...I wouldn't know. Nice to have I guess. Comfort and spirited positions maybe. Not a deal breaker though.

That does look good, and decent mileage too!

Genuinely couldn't ignore the wing mirrors though. There WOULD be a guy in his Toyota Aygo across from me watching me, as I scurried around the front end folding in my mirrors.

Then he'd lock his and up they'd go

Reactions: RS4B5
Genuinely couldn't ignore the wing mirrors though. There WOULD be a guy in his Toyota Aygo across from me watching me, as I scurried around the front end folding in my mirrors.

Then he'd lock his and up they'd go

You can definitely have them retrofitted, @DJAlix could do it

You can definitely have them retrofitted, @DJAlix could do it

I can see how the coding could be done easy. But what about the physical requirements? Mirror assembly turning upwards. And the knob on the armrest too. Anyway. Would be an extravagant retrofit like. Haha.

Oh my days. The better part of £2000 with auto dimming and RS caps!! Insanity. I'll keep looking for the right car

The auto dimming is good too, well worth having.
It's funny how all these things in a car you wouldn't like to be without only after you have had them.

The auto dimming is good too, well worth having.
It's funny how all these things in a car you wouldn't like to be without only after you have had them.

Yeah I was just saying to the lady friend. It's really interesting to see what other people have spec'd. When they were on the Configurator checking through the options. This is what they picked. Wondering what people dropped in order to tick must haves etc haha.