Are all 8V's satnav compatible?

Kayobong

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So I've been looking at buying an 8v for a few weeks now, and having just sold my 8p I'm looking at a few more 8v's. I've noticed that some 8V's are advertised with satnav, I assumed all 8v's were satnav capable since they have the button for it. Anyway, if I bought one without satnav functionality would I just need to purchase a disk or is it more complex? Thanks.

So I've been looking at buying an 8v for a few weeks now, and having just sold my 8p I'm looking at a few more 8v's. I've noticed that some 8V's are advertised with satnav, I assumed all 8v's were satnav capable since they have the button for it. Anyway, if I bought one without satnav functionality would I just need to purchase a disk or is it more complex? Thanks.

Just an SD card with maps and activation by Audi. I am not sure if @DJAlix can help with it or not.

You can also find the information in the how to guide (post #46)

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...how-to-guides-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a problem buddy. Believe the cost to do so is between £499-£599 however you can always try convincing the dealership to add it as an 'extra'.

Not a problem buddy. Believe the cost to do so is between £499-£599 however you can always try convincing the dealership to add it as an 'extra'.

Really that much? I'd have thought you buy an SD card/disk off ebay and you're sorted.

Really that much? I'd have thought you buy an SD card/disk off ebay and you're sorted.

LOL, its EVEYONE's perception how it works.

Do you think Audi will allow you to buy a non activated SAT NAV module car and then allow its drivers to get an SD card and copy it from another SD card.

4824575.jpg

Reactions: stote
LOL, its EVEYONE's perception how it works.

Do you think Audi will allow you to buy a non activated SAT NAV module car and then allow its drivers to get an SD card and copy it from another SD card.

4824575.jpg

Haha, I suppose it sounds a bit too easy, never really thought about it to be honest.

Reactions: stote

Unfortunately, Yes. Tis a nice way of making money, isn't it.

When I bought my A3 in April I had also viewed a couple of others without Sat Navs. After I finalised the deal with Dundee Audi I received calls from other dealerships that I viewed A3 at and two of them were willing to throw Sat Nav in the deal within their sale price. So, you can always try pitching them against each other especially if it is end of quarter where they have to meet their sales targets.

Unfortunately, Yes. Tis a nice way of making money, isn't it.

When I bought my A3 in April I had also viewed a couple of others without Sat Navs. After I finalised the deal with Dundee Audi I received calls from other dealerships that I viewed A3 at and two of them were willing to throw Sat Nav in the deal within their sale price. So, you can always try pitching them against each other especially if it is end of quarter where they have to meet their sales targets.

Yeah that does sound like a good idea, I probably wont be buying directly from an Audi dealer though, prices are a good amount more than the same spec cars at other dealers.

Reactions: V6_Man
Surely time has come to make one of these questions a sticky on main page of the forum! It’s asked at a minimum on a weekly basis.

Surely time has come to make one of these questions a sticky on main page of the forum! It’s asked at a minimum on a weekly basis.

Tis already under 8V FAQs - post #46

Reactions: Ormesome
Does anyone know if the tech pack includes satellite navigation? Cheers

Thanks, is that a good thing?
Tech Pack = Technology Pack, which is basically the top of the range MMI / Media System. One thing to note however... just because the vehicle might have tech pack does not mean it has Audi or B&O sound systems, which are upgrades to the basic speaker setup.

Reactions: V6_Man
Tech Pack = Technology Pack, which is basically the top of the range MMI / Media System. One thing to note however... just because the vehicle might have tech pack does not mean it has Audi or B&O sound systems, which are upgrades to the basic speaker setup.

Thanks again, the woman told me it had the Audi sound system, I thought the Audi sound system was the normal one.

Thanks again, the woman told me it had the Audi sound system, I thought the Audi sound system was the normal one.
Normal sound system does not have a front Center and rear subwoofer (saloon = under parcel shelf, 3dr/SB = inside spare wheel)

Reactions: Kayobong
@DJAlix, can you supply and activate genuine Audi satnav or it a case of going to Audi?

@DJAlix, can you supply and activate genuine Audi satnav or it a case of going to Audi?
I can both supply and activate genuine OEM navigation, both feature (for those without nav) and navigation data (updates or missing SD cards)

I can both supply and activate genuine OEM navigation, both feature (for those without nav) and navigation data (updates or missing SD cards)
Are you going to AITP2018? If so, what price would it be? And more importantly would you be able to do it on the day?

Are you going to AITP2018? If so, what price would it be? And more importantly would you be able to do it on the day?
Yes. I am an official Trader and will be on the ASN stand all day :)

Yes I would be able to do this on the day however I would need to check what’s needed licence wise and the availability. Can you send me your registration please so I can see what’s needed? I can then quote you.