Ferodo DS2500 pads

Deep penetrator

Reaction score
So following on from the closed thread could anybody put me in touch with this gentleman named Trevor?
I am genuinely interested in the Front pads with the wear sensors, and I accidentally upset the OP from the other thread who was providing good information.

Cheers gents.

Taken this from Seans extremely helpful post
e01c09c4f1be356d7fc3af3489673e02.png

Reactions: Deep penetrator
So following on from the closed thread could anybody put me in touch with this gentleman named Trevor?
I am genuinely interested in the Front pads with the wear sensors, and I accidentally upset the OP from the other thread who was providing good information.

Cheers gents.
The original thread is still there. All you had to do was read it instead of starting another thread.

The original thread is still there. All you had to do was read it instead of starting another thread.

I was looking at pursuing how to get ahold of these pads in the thread but obviously couldn’t ask that question as it got locked down hence the new thread, oh and I very much did read it but thanks for pointing that out to me.

Before I try and get a set of the above pads has anybody had experience with EBC Blue, Red, or Yellowstuff pads?

I currently run yellowstuff on the rear without any problems.
When I ran my golf R I ran yellowstuff all round and was pleased with them.
I only do fast road no track days or heroics

My Original thread was about Ferodo DS Pads......

If someone was wanting DS2500 pads (as in this thread title) then my thread was of no use as DS2500 pads have always been available for the 8V RS3.

So if anyone read my previous thread it was always about DS performance pads and never about DS2500 which the OP of this thread is asking about.

My Original thread was about Ferodo DS Pads......

If someone was wanting DS2500 pads (as in this thread title) then my thread was of no use as DS2500 pads have always been available for the 8V RS3.

So if anyone read my previous thread it was always about DS performance pads and never about DS2500 which the OP of this thread is asking about.

Now he chirps up after my apology for “upsetting him” and after reaching out in a pm, grow a pair fella I was actually jesting in “your thread” and at no point was I attempting to displease you with my attitude.
Snowflakes everywhere, it’s ridiculous! lol I expect another locked thread.

To the gents I’ve spoke to on pm many thanks for you “valued input and advice” after all that’s what a forum is about is it not? or is it for some delicate flower to spit there dummy out and act pathetic?
Romeo Done!

I currently run yellowstuff on the rear without any problems.
When I ran my golf R I ran yellowstuff all round and was pleased with them.
I only do fast road no track days or heroics

Cheers mate,

I’m just trying to gauge the best route to go, hence asking on a few threads. No brake squeal? Is there a noticeable decrease in brake dust?

Now he chirps up after my apology for “upsetting him” and after reaching out in a pm, grow a pair fella I was actually jesting in “your thread” and at no point was I attempting to displease you with my attitude.

To the gents I’ve spoke to on pm many thanks for you “valued input and advice” after all that’s what a forum is about is it not? or is it for some delicate flower to spit there dummy out and act pathetic?
Romeo Done!

?
Passive aggressive comes to mind reading that. You say you're joking then end in a deliberate jibe to provoke a response, why?

Reactions: Dan_DJT and T-800

Romeo Done!

No ones upset here

Although as Monopole points out you do seem to want some sort of reaction from the comments above, well here you go.....

I asked Sandra to lock the thread as I could see it only going 1 way with your ‘jesting’

You asked a question about the price when a few days earlier I took the time to post the price for all to see, along with part numbers.

All you had to do was read the thread but as you said you don’t ‘do’ scrolling up.

I didn’t post the contact info because Sandra had already allowed me to put it here as an information only thread...
Trevor isn’t a sponsor of the forum and I didn’t want to cause upset to those that do pay good sponsor money for this forum to continue to thrive.

Everyone who has expressed an interest in the DS (Not 2500) has sent me a pm.... not you though, you thought it would be easier to post in the thread like a sledgehammer...then act like it’s a big joke when your ‘comments’ are called into question.

If you actually wanted Trevor’s details they are actually freely available on another forum you are a member of, in a thread that actually pretty much duplicates the one I started on here, you’d have to scroll through said thread to find his details, but none the less they are there for all to see.

Failing that if you’d typed Ferodo uk Trevor into google it would’ve pretty much given you the pointers to the page in which it’s discussed at length on another forum, but as you don’t scroll up I doubt you’d actually search for the info either.

You are correct though in the fact that forums are to help people out, which I do on here and elsewhere, hence the idea to contact Trevor, discuss pads, fitment, sensor length, get him to agree a discount for forum members, constantly badger him for dates so I could keep everyone updated, then take the time to post the details for others to see...

Seems though you’d prefer to have all the info spoon fed to you.......

Perhaps if the way I’ve handled the the whole process displeases you then you could actually start a thread with all the details on because I’ve clearly let the side down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dan_DJT, Beebee-one and monopole
No ones upset here

Although as Monopole points out you do seem to want some sort of reaction from the comments above, well here you go.....

I asked Sandra to lock the thread as I could see it only going 1 way with your ‘jesting’

You asked a question about the price when a few days earlier I took the time to post the price for all to see, along with part numbers.

All you had to do was read the thread but as you said you don’t ‘do’ scrolling up.

I didn’t post the contact info because Sandra had already allowed me to put it here as an information only thread...
Trevor isn’t a sponsor of the forum and I didn’t want to cause upset to those that do pay good sponsor money for this forum to continue to thrive.

Everyone who has expressed an interest in the DS (Not 2500) has sent me a pm.... not you though, you thought it would be easier to post in the thread like a sledgehammer...then act like it’s a big joke when your ‘comments’ are called into question.

If you actually wanted Trevor’s details they are actually freely available on another forum you are a member of, in a thread that actually pretty much duplicates the one I started on here, you’d have to scroll through said thread to find his details, but none the less they are there for all to see.

Failing that if you’d typed Ferodo uk Trevor into google it would’ve pretty much given you the pointers to the page in which it’s discussed at length on another forum, but as you don’t scroll up I doubt you’d actually search for the info either.

You are correct though in the fact that forums are to help people out, which I do on here and elsewhere, hence the idea to contact Trevor, discuss pads, fitment, sensor length, get him to agree a discount for forum members, constantly badger him for dates so I could keep everyone updated, then take the time to post the details for others to see...

Seems though you’d prefer to have all the info spoon fed to you.......

Perhaps if the way I’ve handled the the whole process displeases you then you could actually start a thread with all the details on because I’ve clearly let the side down.
How much were they again

Reactions: AudiNutta, James 123, E15 and 1 other person
Right I took one look at that the length of your reply and binned it mate, you writing a life story?
Didn’t read it.
I’ve always found on forums there’s one person who for whatever reason you just don’t like..............

Passive aggressive @monopole? well I’m actually active aggressive lol it comes with the nature of my work and lifestyle but that’s another story.

I’m a longtime member of M3Cutters forum and I’m used to the top banter levels on there where it can get really spicy which is quality, I guess the Audi Forums are a little too Gentile for my “passive Agressive” levels.

Get over yourselves it’s a bloomin forum where you can’t please everyone and can’t get on with everyone especially the keyboard warriors.

Cheers mate,

I’m just trying to gauge the best route to go, hence asking on a few threads. No brake squeal? Is there a noticeable decrease in brake dust?

Having not had them on the front of the RS3 and listening to the reviews I think when I change I’d be tempted to go with the DS pads.
As I say with yellowstuff there’s little dust on the rear ones and when I had them on the golf they were fine.
Just going by the reviews for the RS3 I think why pay £200 for yellowstuff when the DS pads are like £260 and tried and tested.

I used redstuff on my PFL and had absolutely zero issues with them. Brilliant pad.

But if you are gonna upgrade pads from stock, then get pads that suit your driving style. Redstuff are very good for moderate to heavy road use but poor for track, so I don't understand where people destroy their redstuff after a few laps of a track and blame the pads?
Also, a bedding in process works wonders (ahem :tearsofjoy:) and for regular heavy to very heavy road and/or track use, then the choice would be some variant of DS, but squeal will be an issue with some as they are designed to be abused - err I mean used to their potential.

Reactions: Deep penetrator, T-800 and Marshy
I used redstuff on my PFL and had absolutely zero issues with them. Brilliant pad.

But if you are gonna upgrade pads from stock, then get pads that suit your driving style. Redstuff are very good for moderate to heavy road use but poor for track, so I don't understand where people destroy their redstuff after a few laps of a track and blame the pads?
Also, a bedding in process works wonders (ahem :tearsofjoy:) and for regular heavy to very heavy road and/or track use, then the choice would be some variant of DS, but squeal will be an issue with some as they are designed to be abused - err I mean used to their potential.

I would concede that maybe the bedding process on the pads I fitted could have been better.......:whistle2:. however, plenty of others who like to drive their cars 'enthusiastically' have also suffered the overheated and glazed/polished discs that these pads cause when using the car's full performance.
For most of the time the pads are probably fine for 8 or 9/10th's of the car's capability, it's when you want the last tenth when it all goes pear shaped, as did mine during a live data logging session with Doug from MRC sat in the passenger seat.
When you see big brake upgrades advertised by the likes of Alcon, AP/Tom Wrigley, Reyland etc etc I don't see them recommending fitting any Redstuff products.

Reactions: IDontLikeSpeedCameras, Deep penetrator, T-800 and 1 other person
You can't use the whistling emoji, I might take offence hahahaha

Reactions: T-800
Can't beat a Sunday read on ASN. Threads created on a Saturday night after a few jars are always a highlight ;)

Reactions: E15, Deep penetrator and Behind The Bins
I would concede that maybe the bedding process on the pads I fitted could have been better.......:whistle2:. however, plenty of others who like to drive their cars 'enthusiastically' have also suffered the overheated and glazed/polished discs that these pads cause when using the car's full performance.
For most of the time the pads are probably fine for 8 or 9/10th's of the car's capability, it's when you want the last tenth when it all goes pear shaped, as did mine during a live data logging session with Doug from MRC sat in the passenger seat.
When you see big brake upgrades advertised by the likes of Alcon, AP/Tom Wrigley, Reyland etc etc I don't see them recommending fitting any Redstuff products.

Good effort .

You must of been going well as Karl did 5 laps of Combe in his 1800kg B8 Avant before the front only Redstuff and OE rear were no longer doing their job .

Definitely not for track .

Street pad that will suit most , always variables when it comes to brakes , fluid , hoses , discs , cooling etc .

Good effort .

You must of been going well as Karl did 5 laps of Combe in his 1800kg B8 Avant before the front only Redstuff and OE rear were no longer doing their job .

Definitely not for track .

Street pad that will suit most , always variables when it comes to brakes , fluid , hoses , discs , cooling etc .

Two RS3's were running Redstuff at an owner's club event (also Castle Coombe) last year. Both cars fried the front pads and ruined their discs too causing the owners some 'brown underpants' moments before coming into the pits.
Redstuff is probably a better pad over the squealing OEM Audi pads and maybe OK for some fast road use on a stock power car, but not one I would fit to a car if it's being tracked (even just once) or has a significant power upgrade capable of speeds well above the factory performance.

Reactions: T-800
Two RS3's were running Redstuff at an owner's club event (also Castle Coombe) last year. Both cars fried the front pads and ruined their discs too causing the owners some 'brown underpants' moments before coming into the pits.
Redstuff is probably a better pad over the squealing OEM Audi pads and maybe OK for some fast road use on a stock power car, but not one I would fit to a car if it's being tracked (even just once) or has a significant power upgrade capable of speeds well above the factory performance.

I know several RS owners that had red stuff fitted whose cars have never been near a track and all agree they aren’t suitable for an RS.

I would say from using them on the 8P that all those ‘Ceramic’ particles do is polish up the disc so you can use it as a mirror.

Reactions: IDontLikeSpeedCameras
So for somebody who’s bumped up the power somewhat and is looking at increasing the stopping power but will probably not take the RS3 on track is there a go to brake pad amongst the ones spoken that is highly recommend?

Cheers gents

Ferodo DS Performance work well with the stock discs or disc upgrades. The cheaper Ferodo Premier also do a good job but often gets overlooked as not being a pad for a performance car. Prices for both these pads are very reasonable compared to OEM pads or DS2500’s (sorry haven’t got part numbers to hand)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IDontLikeSpeedCameras and Deep penetrator
Ferodo DS Performance work well with the stock discs or disc upgrades. The cheaper Ferodo Premier also do a good job but often gets overlooked as not being a pad for a performance car. Prices for both these pads are very reasonable compared to OEM pads or DS2500’s (sorry haven’t got part numbers to hand)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate