Complimenting Sidelight Bulbs

chew22

Reaction score
Hi all!

I felt it was time to put some better dipped and full beam bulbs in my A3.

I have replaced them with: GE Megalight Ultra H7 +130%

These bulbs are great, and visibility is much clearer.

However, they are a lot whiter than my old bulbs, therefore the yellowy sidelight bulbs look awful.

I've been searching all evening for some new replacement bulbs which have a white look to them. It seems all the 'whiter' bulbs are LED, not road legal and only for interior use. Or the reviews say the bulbs are not as white as advertised.

As I hear it's quite a job to change these bulbs, therefore I want to get it right first time.

Can anyone recommend any whiter bulbs that I can replace them with?

I have an 08 pre facelift A3 S line.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all!

I felt it was time to put some better dipped and full beam bulbs in my A3.

I have replaced them with: GE Megalight Ultra H7 +130%

These bulbs are great, and visibility is much clearer.

However, they are a lot whiter than my old bulbs, therefore the yellowy sidelight bulbs look awful.

I've been searching all evening for some new replacement bulbs which have a white look to them. It seems all the 'whiter' bulbs are LED, not road legal and only for interior use. Or the reviews say the bulbs are not as white as advertised.

As I hear it's quite a job to change these bulbs, therefore I want to get it right first time.

Can anyone recommend any whiter bulbs that I can replace them with?

I have an 08 pre facelift A3 S line.

Thanks in advance!
Send a PM to the lights man as i am sure he can help you out with good advice maybe even supply you with the proper ones @t8ups

No real problem with LED bulbs for minor lighting like sidelights DRLs etc. Personally, I would not fit illegal headlight/main beam systems but I have fitted LED DRL/sidelight bulbs - I've been through at least two fussy MOTs and had no issues whatsoever. Just aim to get quality LEDs which typically advertise as having CREE bulbs.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: t8ups
Thanks guys. I'm not after silly brightness, just a bit of consistency.

I've messaged the lights guy :)

Reactions: t8ups