Possible wiring fault

Baron02

Reaction score
Morning,

My A4 has been recovered to the dealer just over a week ago by Audi assist for a potential electrical fault and I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue.

When turning left the radio volume kept changing despite hands no where near the volume controls etc. It now started to make the screen go off and every time I was breaking it was doing the same thing. The engine button was not fully engaging at times as-well. I have a ref with Audi uk while in the dealer but so far the dealer can’t find the issue despite me showing it happens. The salesperson said I got to wait and see what comes back for rejection of the vehicle.

I just don’t know how they are going to fix this problem

Could be a faulty loom, that'd be a hell of a job replacing it or fault finding. Hoping for a good outcome.

Thanks all, at the moment dealer is being so awkward and saying no fault found despite showing evidence, I will name and shame but I think cuke2u know the dealer as my previous issues over Intercleanse saga..

It is worrying as I won’t drive the car with that sort of issue

Wiring faults though can be a ****** when they don't generate a fault code. it's just getting the dealership to trust you have a issue. Video's should be proof enough.
The technicians are so fixated on fault codes these days, it's like they're not trained in 'old school diagnostic' anymore...

That is true. At one point the technician said it could be a software problem which I highly doubt. I have shown them video clips but they are so adamant that they can’t find the fault. This has happened to another driver aswell and a passenger witness it aswell.

Reactions: cuke2u
I had a wiring fault with mine, caused lots of problems that I spoke about on here and all occurring very randomly and had all the systems on the car s**t the bed at the same time on a couple of occasions.

Stealership had the car 3 times and couldnt find any problems, despite fault codes and video of the problem, kept telling me the car was fine. Eventually they took the issue seriously when I started the rejection process and they took the car back again, 10 days later they found some of the data wires had been pressed together so much that they had crossed wired and the signals were being interrupted and sent elsewhere.

They replaced the wiring and since then there haven't been any problems, fingers crossed.

That funny you say that there was 3 fault codes, central locking, air con, start stop, alarm keeps going off no apparent reason, and Pre-sense when nothing around

How long have you had the car? If you have finance go to them and complain and tell them you want to reject it

It was collected 1st sept 17. So it not that old really

As you've provided them with video proof of the issue, tell them you don't want it back until they find the fault and fixed it and can also tell you exactly what the issue was rather than just "we updated the software and scanned for faults". That seems to be just another way of saying "haven't got a clue, fingers crossed we don't see you again".

Well they just rung and said it ready for collection sir, I asked what was done. Two software updates one for engine campaign and another one which yet to find out. I have said not having it back till it fixed properly. They responded with it been out on. Extensive road test today and it all good. I promptly replied it not moved at all today for 19hrs or so nor had the miles been put on as it can be tracked via myAudi. They were simply shocked by that...spoken to Audi uk today and said not touching it till they find out what wrong on a pure safety issue. I now have to go into the stealers to say i’ve Rejected the repair and I need to stay in the hire car and need reassurance that I still have the hire car. What a shambles !!

I guess the engine campaign one is 45H2 - would be interesting if you got details about that and updated the other thread for that one. Unless the other fix specifically lists a resolution for the issue you encountered then I'd be highly doubtful of it working. Good luck persuading them to let you keep the hire car.

Update..Car is now under the rejection process which was initiated by me and not the dealer. The car was collected last Friday 06.07.18 and it was back with the dealer on the 10 July for the same fault. What made it even worse that audi assist could not supply me a car till the following day. Despite being a 18 plate A6 it been bashed about already. Checked today and surprise surprise the car still where it was left on Tuesday, Nice one Audi..The dealer has not spoken to me or Audi Uk only via email. So I've now got to visit the dealer Monday morning to sort out. What should I hold out for??Like for like as I do like the brand or squeeze them for better model?

Wow that went downhill rapidly, good luck with the rejection negotiations and keep us posted..

update, had a meeting Monday with head of business which was a lengthy discussion to find out what I wanted another Audi or refund, he agreed that the car need to be replaced / rejected as they are struggling to find the fault (can't be bothered i expect). He suggested a couple of options which needed to be explored and they would come back to me with. Had a email today asking to go into the dealer which I did. They have spoken to Audi UK with a proposal to rectify the issue. Audi UK have approved this subject to my approval. They had offered me two choice of car's to pick from Audi A5 TFSI sportback or S4 Avant with the convenience pack privacy windows etc. Needless to say that I choose the S4 as I do like the brand. Car is in Liverpool and is being brought down to get ready for handover with 0 miles.

Reactions: scotty76, Daggerit and pagenotfound
update, had a meeting Monday with head of business which was a lengthy discussion to find out what I wanted another Audi or refund, he agreed that the car need to be replaced / rejected as they are struggling to find the fault (can't be bothered i expect). He suggested a couple of options which needed to be explored and they would come back to me with. Had a email today asking to go into the dealer which I did. They have spoken to Audi UK with a proposal to rectify the issue. Audi UK have approved this subject to my approval. They had offered me two choice of car's to pick from Audi A5 TFSI sportback or S4 Avant with the convenience pack privacy windows etc. Needless to say that I choose the S4 as I do like the brand. Car is in Liverpool and is being brought down to get ready for handover with 0 miles.
Wow, well done, hopefully this one will be problematic free.
Pictures when you get it please...

Reactions: Baron02
I certainly hope so @cuke2u, they even asked how I wanted it prepped for delivery which is leave it as arrives, It will be booked into ultimate finish at brands hatch for ceramic coating. Just need to choose which ceramic coating i have.

I was limited in colours, so it in Daytona Grey.

Lovely colour, would have had myself if my last one, A3 saloon, wasn't the same.