Spray paint recommendations?

Gm95

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have looked around at other threads on this but they to consist more of the process than actual brands?
After recently turning a year older, I have treated the car to brembo discs + pads for all four corners.

Whilst I've got the calipers apart, I thought I would give them a good clean and a lick of paint. The car is Dolphin grey and I'm pretty set on the idea of yellow accents all around so looking for some good recommendations on what to use? I want a gloss/glass sort of finish and really don't want streaks or for it to start looking like a cheesestring!

While I'm at it, I'll probably end up spraying the engine cover as well as I've been meaning to do that so if there's one that someones got in mind then that would be amazing! It will be even better if Halfords sell it as I've got a gift card. :thumbs up:

Tldr; Recommendations for Yellow Gloss spray paint for Brake Calipers and Engine cover.

Halfords do a good yellow paint especially for Calipers but you have to brush it on , so if you take your time and let the coats dry correctly u will have no trouble and excellent looking calpiers or why not get them shotblasted and powdercoated yellow . Just mind and take all the inners out

Halfords do a good yellow paint especially for Calipers but you have to brush it on , so if you take your time and let the coats dry correctly u will have no trouble and excellent looking calpiers or why not get them shotblasted and powdercoated yellow . Just mind and take all the inners out

I was looking at that caliper paint. The reviews said that the colour and shade of yellow was great but the paint was very thin and left streaks so that put me off. Have you used it before? If so, would you recommend it? I've got no problem with taking my time as long as it gets good results! :thumbs up:

I thought about powder coating as i'd say that would give the best and most reliable finish, but I would prefer to leave the calipers on this time.

I was looking at that caliper paint. The reviews said that the colour and shade of yellow was great but the paint was very thin and left streaks so that put me off. Have you used it before? If so, would you recommend it? I've got no problem with taking my time as long as it gets good results! :thumbs up:

I thought about powder coating as i'd say that would give the best and most reliable finish, but I would prefer to leave the calipers on this time.
I have used the Halfords paint and found it good , just follow what it says on the tin and it will be fine but i would recommend removing them to get best results.

Attachments

• 20180326_142321-1440x1920.jpg
    20180326_142321-1440x1920.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 184
I have used the Halfords paint and found it good , just follow what it says on the tin and it will be fine but i would recommend removing them to get best results.

Your result looks great. I'll go and pick some of that up then!
I might end up taking them off after all then, I was trying to get it done quickly but if I rush and don't get the results like yours, I'll be annoyed with myself.

Do you remember how many coats you did per caliper on yours?

Thanks for all the advice.

Your result looks great. I'll go and pick some of that up then!
I might end up taking them off after all then, I was trying to get it done quickly but if I rush and don't get the results like yours, I'll be annoyed with myself.

Do you remember how many coats you did per caliper on yours?

Thanks for all the advice.
I had them painted for me mate but if i mind it took 3 / 4 coats

Hi guys,

I have looked around at other threads on this but they to consist more of the process than actual brands?
After recently turning a year older, I have treated the car to brembo discs + pads for all four corners.

Whilst I've got the calipers apart, I thought I would give them a good clean and a lick of paint. The car is Dolphin grey and I'm pretty set on the idea of yellow accents all around so looking for some good recommendations on what to use? I want a gloss/glass sort of finish and really don't want streaks or for it to start looking like a cheesestring!

While I'm at it, I'll probably end up spraying the engine cover as well as I've been meaning to do that so if there's one that someones got in mind then that would be amazing! It will be even better if Halfords sell it as I've got a gift card. :thumbs up:

Tldr; Recommendations for Yellow Gloss spray paint for Brake Calipers and Engine cover.
hi
i found on YT guy spraying this very nice job !

I did think it would look good but I didn't know how good until I saw the pics. Quite excited to get it done now!

I did think it would look good but I didn't know how good until I saw the pics. Quite excited to get it done now!
I called them and they are in london .. so in there is everything expensive .. they told me front and back bumper and front right wing £600 ... I was like WHAAAT ? in manchester £ 350