Next model A3

Ergo larger class cars are more susceptible to discounts quicker from launch A4/A5/S4/S5 etc etc

That may well be true, jassyo06, but I'm not complaining as, like q5man, I got 11.2% discount when I purchased my new Mk2 Q5 in January this year. :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and S32B
I wish manufacturers would just price cars sensibly rather than over price them and then be willing to slash prices.

When MINI first launched about 2002 the prices were fixed but residuals were incredible. My first MINI ONE cost £11250. When I traded it in after 2 years and 25k miles (against a VW) I got £9750 for it and a discount on the Golf.
Now you can get a bigger discount percentage than I lost in 2 years.

Reactions: Pook, NevMan and S32B
That may well be true, jassyo06, but I'm not complaining as, like q5man, I got 11.2% discount when I purchased my new Mk2 Q5 in January this year. :thumbs up:

Nice work @AllanG, at least someone gets the point I was making. Nice discount, and as we all know Q5 is one of their top sellers after the likes of A3/A4.

Reactions: AllanG
I thought you said liked the Cupra when @Bristle Hound got his?
Yeah l do but wouldn't jump from my own car down to the SEAT, l will keep my current car another 2 years it's perfect in every way for me and the new A3 won't be any better in my opinion it'll just have touchscreens, l may consider jumping a rung or two in the car ladder but it wouldn't be a new one =ex demo/used model and fire a private plate on

That is ****** hideous . Looks similar in size to the A3. Just uglier. Wonder if the A3 is going to increase in size. Just hope it doesn't look anything like that A1

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

The A3 `will` grow in size. Both in length and in width.

Cars are getting bigger and bigger. The thing I find bizarre are that the manufacturers keep telling us people wish to have more room. OK, if that's the case, but you build bigger cars, so they can buy one of them instead.

I think the current A3 Saloon is the same size, or maybe even larger than the B5 A4. Maybe even getting on to B7 A4 size. So if now the A3 is the same size as the previous A4's, then it must mean the A4 is as big as previous A6's. And the current A6 is bigger than previous A8's.

So if the current A3 is a previous A4, then people who bought the previous A3, (bought because they wanted a small hatchback), are now having to buy the A1 to get the same size car?

If you had a young family and needed more space, you simply bought the A4. If you had a growing family, or commuted a lot with adults in the back, you'd buy an A6. And so on.

The next gen A1 will be as big (or near enough) to the current A3. So then what do Audi do if people want a small hatchback? Create an Audi 0.5?

Manufacturers need to maybe understand that people bought an A3 as it was the size of car they wanted. Same for the A4. Why they think someone buys an A3 wishing it was the size of an A4 is beyond me. I know lets make the next A3 the size of the A4. That's what everyone wants....... not.

Reactions: h5djr, KenL, GeoffT and 4 others

Cars are getting bigger and bigger. The thing I find bizarre are that the manufacturers keep telling us people wish to have more room. OK, if that's the case, but you build bigger cars, so they can buy one of them instead.

I think the current A3 Saloon is the same size, or maybe even larger than the B5 A4. Maybe even getting on to B7 A4 size. So if now the A3 is the same size as the previous A4's, then it must mean the A4 is as big as previous A6's. And the current A6 is bigger than previous A8's.

So if the current A3 is a previous A4, then people who bought the previous A3, (bought because they wanted a small hatchback), are now having to buy the A1 to get the same size car?

If you had a young family and needed more space, you simply bought the A4. If you had a growing family, or commuted a lot with adults in the back, you'd buy an A6. And so on.

The next gen A1 will be as big (or near enough) to the current A3. So then what do Audi do if people want a small hatchback? Create an Audi 0.5?

Manufacturers need to maybe understand that people bought an A3 as it was the size of car they wanted. Same for the A4. Why they think someone buys an A3 wishing it was the size of an A4 is beyond me. I know lets make the next A3 the size of the A4. That's what everyone wants....... not.

They will create a new range.
Like Toyota the current Yaris is the size of the old Corolla so they had to create the aygo to stand in place of the old Yaris. Fords fiesta is now the size of the original focus.
The A2 name isn’t currently used so that might be the new small 3dr hatch since you can’t buy the a3 in 3dr form now.
They also got other letters to use in the alphabet.

Reactions: Scotty75

Not increasing the size would also make life easier for them in improving fuel economy and you would have thought they wouldn't have to penny pinch as much by stripping stuff off the cars as standard.

Reactions: Scotty75 and wab172uk
They will create a new range.
Like Toyota the current Yaris is the size of the old Corolla so they had to create the aygo to stand in place of the old Yaris. Fords fiesta is now the size of the original focus.
The A2 name isn’t currently used so that might be the new small 3dr hatch since you can’t buy the a3 in 3dr form now.
They also got other letters to use in the alphabet.

But the A1 is getting close in size to the A3 hatch, so where would the A2 fit in?

Audi's numbering system is pretty clear. A1 being the smallest. Having an A2 that was smaller than the A1 would be confusing. Only logical A2 car would be an A3 coupe type car, like the now with the Q8. It's just a Coupe model of the Q7.

Good thing about naming cars with numbers, is you don't have to research what a name means in every language, so you don't end up with a car named after a mans private parts.
Good thing about naming a car with a name, is that you can introduce smaller cars without having the problem of trying no name a car that is smaller than the number One.

Reactions: josul
Not increasing the size would also make life easier for them in improving fuel economy and you would have thought they wouldn't have to penny pinch as much by stripping stuff off the cars as standard.

It would. Would also make life easier then trying to get parked anywhere. Car's might be getting wider, but both parking spaces and garages aren't.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenL, Mythos, AlS3BE and 1 other person
Yeah l do but wouldn't jump from my own car down to the SEAT, l will keep my current car another 2 years it's perfect in every way for me and the new A3 won't be any better in my opinion it'll just have touchscreens, l may consider jumping a rung or two in the car ladder but it wouldn't be a new one =ex demo/used model and fire a private plate on
Know what you're saying, doing the same sort of things as Dave :) Can't wait to see his new car with the platinum alloys :):thumbs up:

395e15c7-77b2-4229-ac3c-db3ce4f2e1b5-jpeg.168085

Reactions: Bristle Hound, KenL, NevMan and 1 other person
Know what you're saying, doing the same sort of things as Dave :) Can't wait to see his new car with the platinum alloys :):thumbs up:

395e15c7-77b2-4229-ac3c-db3ce4f2e1b5-jpeg.168085
Stunning car would love one in Miami Blue lol

Reactions: TYb and NevMan
I'd have a porsche too but unfortunately I would not be comfortable with rear wheen drive all year round and I like the practicality of the Audi 5 door hatch .. that is where an S3 / RS3 ticks all the boxes for me. Yes it is not as much of a drivers car or track weapon as a true sports car but for every day get in it and drive or have fun (or go to the tip ... very quickly lol) it keeps me happy :icon thumright:

Reactions: Tom.H, Scotty75, TYb and 2 others
I'd have a porsche too but unfortunately I would not be comfortable with rear wheen drive all year round and I like the practicality of the Audi 5 door hatch .. that is where an S3 / RS3 ticks all the boxes for me. Yes it is not as much of a drivers car or track weapon as a true sports car but for every day get in it and drive or have fun (or go to the tip ... very quickly lol) it keeps me happy :icon thumright:

Very true, I would love one too, but possibly RS next...yours! Or defect to a xdrive BM

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Scotty75 and Snake Pliskin
Very true, I would love one too, but possibly RS next...yours! Or defect to a xdrive BM

lol .. stop it .. you're as bad as my Audi dealer wanting me to sell my car :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: NevMan

Sportback far from nice looking actually l would say commonly unattractive

Sportback far from nice looking actually l would say commonly unattractive

So why did you buy one ? ... & have several hatches before that ? :blink: :whistle2:
You've gona all Ford Orion and saloon car biased lol :tearsofjoy:
There are plenty of us who still like the look of the Sportback :icon thumright:
It is far from a bad looking car - that is just plain wrong Mr Jassy :whip:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Tom.H, Jcbmally and 4 others
Wash your mouth out @q5man..... BM indeed

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Wash your mouth out @q5man..... BM indeed

Exactly ! .. no one could be that desperate to consider getting a Bimmer lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Exactly ! .. no one could be that desperate to consider getting a Bimmer lol :tearsofjoy:

Sorry chaps, but really like the M40i X3.
I keep telling myself off, but I am still a fan. X3 interior SO much better than previous gen, and 3 series will probably be the same. Audi losing the plot it seems.

But......like many of you I still have a severe RS itch.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Scotty75 and Jassyo06
Bmw

Reactions: Kondax, Kayobong, Bristle Hound and 3 others
I keep telling myself off, but I am still a fan. X3 interior SO much better than previous gen, and 3 series will probably be the same. Audi losing the plot it seems.

The X3 M40i is a corker of a SUV sounds ****** great as well

Yes , scratch that itch ...... You know you want to .

So why did you buy one ? ... & have several hatches before that ? :blink: :whistle2:
You've gona all Ford Orion and saloon car biased lol :tearsofjoy:
There are plenty of us who still like the look of the Sportback :icon thumright:
It is far from a bad looking car - that is just plain wrong Mr Jassy :whip:
I'm with Snake on this one . Really do like the Sportback.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Mythos, NevMan and 3 others
I'm with Snake on this one . Really do like the Sportback.
emoji106.png
emoji106.png

It's just a silly phase your goin through.. . .. Lol
Making friends again jassyo06 lol :D
My friends on here know am at the wind up lol but to be honest l am done with Hatchbacks full stop
On another note l ain't biased towards Audi like most on here
I like lot of Volkswagen and BMW models

Reactions: TYb, KenL, NevMan and 2 others
Nope, next car will be S3 Sportback

10cc....lol Done the Sportback S3 thing,fromaa personal point of view l don't need the hatch or for that matter rear doors/seats the Mrs car copes with that need

10cc....lol Done the Sportback S3 thing,fromaa personal point of view l don't need the hatch or for that matter rear doors/seats the Mrs car copes with that need
What ya saying ...... Ya welded the rear doors of ya S3 saloon shut

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and Pook
I don’t use rear seats that much but they’re handy for shopping / gym bag / coat etc.

Main + for me though is the shallow front doors ... for car parks & my garage they make a world of difference.

Had TT’s & S5 prior & omg those doors were HUGE to squeeze out of.

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75

So you're saying that you want an S3 3 door then?:icon thumright:

Reactions: Kayobong, Snake Pliskin, KenL and 1 other person
Not a car l would ever consider for a few good reasons
I thought you said liked the Cupra when @Bristle Hound got his?
@S32B - Because he's a badge snob ! :box:lol
Confirmed by below statement ;):D
I went from a S4 to a Cupra & haven't regretted it

Still I'm done with depreciation costs on new cars hence PCH all the way for me from now on so who knows what I could end up with. Looking at Volvo XC60's to replace the Cupra, but thats a ways off at the mo

& don't forget I'm only a not so well off pensioner with 4 Grandkids to run so ain't got jassy's £'s /$'s lol

Reactions: S32B, Muttley75, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
@S32B - Because he's a badge snob ! :box:lol
Confirmed by below statement ;):D

I went from a S4 to a Cupra & haven't regretted it

Still I'm done with depreciation costs on new cars hence PCH all the way for me from now on so who knows what I could end up with. Looking at Volvo XC60's to replace the Cupra, but thats a ways off at the mo

& don't forget I'm only a not so well off pensioner with 4 Grandkids to run so ain't got jassy's £'s /$'s lol
Great deal you got on yours mate, just looked at the service costs which also include breakdown cover renewal....decent prices https://www.seat.co.uk/content/dam/countries/uk/Download documents/Fixed-price-servicing

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and Scotty75
Just took a look at that , very competitive .

Reactions: Bristle Hound