Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Finally collected my car today. No pics yet as it was dark. It drove beautifully though. (2.0 TFSI BE S-tronic)

It’s a cracking car isn’t it, glad you finally got yours too. I’m finding the mild hybrid weird and something I’ll have to get used to... very hard going from a 300 Bhp golf to a 190 A4, but it’s a beautiful car and so much space! The a6 will be my next family wagon and the TT my next toy probably

Reactions: NevMan
Would appreciate anyone who has got the new 2.0 tfsi manual engine for first opinions given that this may be my preferred option given its now the only manual available.

I think the S Tronic is far better than the manual, in my opinion. I test drive the 2.0 TFSI back in May and the s tronic beats it hands down

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
I used to hate automatics, until I drove the A4, couldn't believe how smooth and rapidly it changed gear. Coupled with the Drivers Assistance Tour package it makes driving in traffic a doddle.
I once drove a diesel A4 manual and the gearstick vibrated all the time...

Reactions: NevMan
Few more photos (in daylight this time). Loving the car, took it out this morning and it’s so smooth and feels big.

Attachments

• 23DEFB4B-7875-4E4B-8E7A-248E3DBA790B.jpeg
    23DEFB4B-7875-4E4B-8E7A-248E3DBA790B.jpeg
    672.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 00723E21-2D4B-49FF-AB9D-B15BC4DBAC71.jpeg
    00723E21-2D4B-49FF-AB9D-B15BC4DBAC71.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 281
  • BBFFDBC0-C765-44D7-9529-7B9910086576.jpeg
    BBFFDBC0-C765-44D7-9529-7B9910086576.jpeg
    775.6 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, loftylad and 5 others
Few more photos (in daylight this time). Loving the car, took it out this morning and it’s so smooth and feels big.

Is it glacier or ibis white? Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it glacier or ibis white? Looks awesome

Ibis. It’s been treated, sealed and waxed, plus has a ceramic coating, so that may make the paint look slightly deeper but it’s just Ibis white :) added options inside as opposed to outside, apart from the wheels

Reactions: tickedon, NevMan and Inti786
Funny how a little thing like exhausts just finishes it nicely. I'm now looking at mine and thinking it looks all wrong:cry:

Ibis. It’s been treated, sealed and waxed, plus has a ceramic coating, so that may make the paint look slightly deeper but it’s just Ibis white :) added options inside as opposed to outside, apart from the wheels

I have the same ibis white and wheels but a saloon, hopefully get mine soon!!

Reactions: Raees patel

Looks great mate! Pleased that you are happy with it after the wait ....

I currently have a B9, MY17, TDI, 190, Sline, avant, manual and really like the car but opted for a B9, BE ,Saloon, 190 TDI, S tronic for the new car, (Black with the same wheels as yours ) due to be delivered on Friday !
Seeing the pics coming in from some of the guys is making me more desperate to get mine now... haha...

Reactions: Inti786
Still waiting for the finance document while half of you guys have yours sitting on your driveway

Still waiting for the finance document while half of you guys have yours sitting on your driveway

Same here, hopefully soon..

Reactions: JonaP

Same here, hopefully soon..

Same here..... getting fed up, especially when I got a call on 28th December saying it will probably be delivered at the very latest 4th Jan... what on earth is taking so long!!

Reactions: tickedon
Mine has been sitting at the dock for close to 10 business days now, you'd think they would want to get these cars out to the dealers what with new shipments being pretty much every other day.

Mine has been sitting at the dock for close to 10 business days now, you'd think they would want to get these cars out to the dealers what with new shipments being pretty much every other day.

What does your online tracker say? What was your build date?

So here it is in all its glory.

Attachments

• 20190108_123109.jpg
    20190108_123109.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 232
  • 20190108_123038.jpg
    20190108_123038.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 235
  • 20190108_120530.jpg
    20190108_120530.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: AlnSaz, cuke2u, ijachelsea and 8 others
What does your online tracker say? What was your build date?

Tracker says 'Your Audi has arrived in the UK' on both app and website, build date 15th of May. 2L 150PS TFSI.

Tracker says 'Your Audi has arrived in the UK' on both app and website, build date 15th of May. 2L 150PS TFSI.

Build date 15th of may! Wow a long time. What was your order date

Just heard from the dealer to say that the car will be ready for collection tomorrow. I’ve asked to delay collection until March for the new plate, the better weather and enough time to get it booked at the detailer for its ceramic coating etc. Wife thinks I should pick it up tomorrow. I’ve waited this long so can wait another 7 weeks. As long as my 11yr old Golf holds out!

Reactions: tickedon, NevMan and loftylad
Just heard from the dealer to say that the car will be ready for collection tomorrow. I’ve asked to delay collection until March for the new plate, the better weather and enough time to get it booked at the detailer for its ceramic coating etc. Wife thinks I should pick it up tomorrow. I’ve waited this long so can wait another 7 weeks. As long as my 11yr old Golf holds out!

Just take delivery now mate, what’s the point in waiting until the 19 plate (doesn’t change the actual car and won’t change future value much either). Life’s too short, just enjoy it now :)

Plus I can’t see the dealer hanging onto it for 2 months, plus it’ll be standing still not doing anything (bird poo, rust on brakes etc).

Reactions: TeaMonsta, NevMan, Hambee1234 and 1 other person
As has been said many times, take the order tracker details with a pinch of salt. According to my order tracker, my A4 Avant BE 35 TDi has arrived in the UK.

Not bad considering I ordered a A4 Avant BE 45 TFSI Quattro - that they haven't even started building yet.

Reactions: JonaP and loftylad
Just looking at the spec, i see the new A4 comes with hill hold assist as standard, is this the same as audi auto hold?

So with the hill hold assist the car will remain stationary with the green P sign showing for an unlimited amount of time? Maybe someone who has picked up their car can confirm.

Thanks

Just looking at the spec, i see the new A4 comes with hill hold assist as standard, is this the same as audi auto hold?

So with the hill hold assist the car will remain stationary with the green P sign showing for an unlimited amount of time? Maybe someone who has picked up their car can confirm.

Thanks

That is correct.

I'd definitely do the same (in fact I am!) Mines due to arrive in a couple of weeks and I've already told the dealer to reg in on 1st March. I've waited 8 months. A couple of weeks makes no difference to me. Will be a nice feeling having a brand new car on a brand new reg, and also worth more come resale time ('19 plate as opposed to a '68 plate)
Totally get your wife's point of view, but like you say, you've waited forever anyway and the weather is crap. lol

Reactions: TeaMonsta
I would collect it now, but then mines a lease and I haven't got resale to think about, but I really don't think it will make much difference.

i'm currently carless and have been for 3 months, sharing the missus' so mine cannot come soon enough, I'd drive the length of the country tonight if It meant I had it for tomorrow!

I am excited to see who receives their BE Saloon first!! Only Avants seem to be with owners currently.

Reactions: JonaP, RyanA4.87, NevMan and 2 others

Thanks

Some info for you:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/hill-hold-assist-standard-fit.359996/
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/hill-hold-assist.371199/

Reactions: Jcbmally and Inti786
I would collect it now, but then mines a lease and I haven't got resale to think about, but I really don't think it will make much difference.

i'm currently carless and have been for 3 months, sharing the missus' so mine cannot come soon enough, I'd drive the length of the country tonight if It meant I had it for tomorrow!

I am excited to see who receives their BE Saloon first!! Only Avants seem to be with owners currently.

I’m also in the same boat as yourself. BE Saloon on Lease.

Was on the verge of travelling to Milton Keynes, and have a right go at Audi MK, during the holiday period. But, would not have achieved anything different from just calling them.

Just take delivery now mate, what’s the point in waiting until the 19 plate (doesn’t change the actual car and won’t change future value much either). Life’s too short, just enjoy it now :)

Plus I can’t see the dealer hanging onto it for 2 months, plus it’ll be standing still not doing anything (bird poo, rust on brakes etc).

Agree, I personally wouldn’t want my nice new car sitting any longer in a lot

You're right. And I'm tempted. Might have to anyway. The dealer hasn't confirmed that I can delay until March. Problem is I may not be able to book it in for its ceramic treatment at such short notice and I'd really like to have that done before I pick it up.

I am leasing my car. Is it worth the cost? Does it stop stonechips? Roughly how much are we talking about?
And I do 20000 miles a year at least.

I am leasing my car. Is it worth the cost? Does it stop stonechips? Roughly how much are we talking about?
And I do 20000 miles a year at least.

Hmm think of it as something along the lines of a long lasting, durable layer of wax. It won’t stop stone chips, but it’ll help keep the car looking clean by helping to repel contaminants.

Having someone apply the coating (after a good going over the paint) can be quite expensive (hard to pin down standard costs, I’ve been told from as little as £300 to just under a grand), something that’s probably not worth it for a 2-3 year lease. I was considering it given that I’ve gone for the standard black paint which for experience is a massive PITA to maintain, but I’m only going to have the car for just two years :/

The only way to stop chips is to have the car wrapped, but even then some could get through ,whilst a ceramic coating will afford some protection, stone chips are another matter. As has been stated here https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/detailing.116/ has more information and google is your friend https://www.drivespark.com/four-whe...ting-advantages-and-disadvantages-025058.html https://exclusivedetail.com/ceramic-coating-for-cars/ There are also AS members called jassyo06, Bristle Hound, q5man and many more who can help and know more than I do about the subject...

Reactions: ijachelsea, NevMan and Jcbmally