Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Let’s hope that we are nearing the end of this sorry tale of delivery of a car.

Hopefully most of us will have a car by the end of the week if not next week.

It has been a long road and frustrating at times.

Having seen the pictures of the Black A4 above, I am beginning to wish I had copped for that now....but maybe when I get mine I will be more than happy with it.

Please keep us all posted on events this week.

Good luck guys.

Reactions: Hambee1234 and Inti786
I'm actually hoping that mine will be delayed a little longer so I can get a '19 plate but I can fully appreciate why so many are so frustrated (ordered May 25th - 2.0ltr TDi 190 BE Avant)

This is why forums are a good source of information and why we all sign up to them...
Got some great tips/info across the years and also contributed what I've learned/heard as well. You get back what you put in, like most things in life...

Reactions: JonaP and cuke2u
So another day goes by and, despite my dealer saying they’ll send them, I’ve not received the finance docs to sign - they’ve also not agreed the final compensation bits and bobs, nor the PX value I’ve queried. Looks like I won’t have my new car tomorrow...

So another day goes by and, despite my dealer saying they’ll send them, I’ve not received the finance docs to sign - they’ve also not agreed the final compensation bits and bobs, nor the PX value I’ve queried. Looks like I won’t have my new car tomorrow...

Hopefully we receive our docs tmrw and delivery for next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing yet. Going to wait until lunchtime and chase. Sold my old A4 yesterday so don’t have a car right now..... so it can’t come quick enough

For those that have gone down the PCP route has Audi mentioned if they will be using the latest interest rates?

My dealer has always stated that my price is protected, however I see the interest rates on finance agreements has improved since my order was placed. Just wondering if anyone has been able to negotiate the better interest rate. (May 2018 5.5%, currently 4.9%).

Reactions: Daggerit
For those that have gone down the PCP route has Audi mentioned if they will be using the latest interest rates?

My dealer has always stated that my price is protected, however I see the interest rates on finance agreements has improved since my order was placed. Just wondering if anyone has been able to negotiate the better interest rate. (May 2018 5.5%, currently 4.9%).

Couldn't tell you for sure on the interest rates but it's definitely worth asking. Between when I ordered my car and signing the finance papers the overall cost reduced by about £200 because my options had since been rolled into a package and discounted, I pointed this out and they gave me that much credit to spend in the dealership so my son's car seat was essentially free. :)

Not a jot yet and I am not holding my breath!!!
Just chased and the deadlership.

“All a4’s Ordered since April need to be updated on the system by Audi finance as they are all now model year 19 and are a different price. There are thousands of cars so I am guessing this is taking a while”

I am so sick of this.

Reactions: JonaP
Hi All - And Happy New Year! So pleased so see some cars are landing.

Alas the saga with my car continues - it is still at the port, where it has sat since the end of October. According to the dealer, mine was amoungst the first to arrive, however some procedural issue has prevented it from moving onto the next stage (i.e. on to the back of a transporter!). They are investigating, however for the time being, Grimsby does not want to let it go.

Delivery this week now looking unlikely.

Just chased and the deadlership.

“All a4’s Ordered since April need to be updated on the system by Audi finance as they are all now model year 19 and are a different price. There are thousands of cars so I am guessing this is taking a while”

I am so sick of this.
me too Ryan.

Yep... I’m literally just of the phone with the dealer and they’ve said not today! Again some **** about agency approval

Just got a reply, same thing, backlog of docs to complete, being told should receive docs by end of the of week!

I cant take itttttt

Just got a reply, same thing, backlog of docs to complete, being told should receive docs by end of the of week!

I cant take itttttt

From what I’ve just been told Audi have a 5 working day turnaround from when you request approval... apparently I’ll be good by Wednesday but we’ll wait and see! Seems like the 5 day turnaround is really a myth!

From what I’ve just been told Audi have a 5 working day turnaround from when you request approval... apparently I’ll be good by Wednesday but we’ll wait and see! Seems like the 5 day turnaround is really a myth!
It’s not even the wait it’s the lack of communication from Audi. I have for the last nine months been chasing and just been getting fobbed off. This will be my third Audi (if I ever get it!) and the whole process has made me doubt if I will get a fourth! Wife got a new a class in November and it was delivered in three weeks service was amazing.

Update.
Just of the phone from the fleet team.
Delivery confirmed for Friday to my house for the new car.. finally - :thumbs up: and the collection of the old...
Will upload pics when it arrives.
The countdown for the wait (Since May 18) shall be over soon.....

A4, BE, S-tronic, 190tdi.

Reactions: Jcbmally, loftylad, NevMan and 7 others
So finally after 7+ months waiting I have my car!

Attachments

• 33E43DBB-C902-4B0D-9F80-B3F77785967A.jpeg
    33E43DBB-C902-4B0D-9F80-B3F77785967A.jpeg
    680.1 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: Jcbmally, loftylad, Richard Donald and 13 others
So finally after 7+ months waiting I have my car!

Wow. Is it an avant? Looks awesome! Is it the 2.0 190 TFSI?
Is yours ibis white?

MORE PICS!

Reactions: Farhan96
Here’s some more pics :)

Attachments

• 29DA46E4-91B6-4AB0-80C8-04983F5A9210.jpeg
    29DA46E4-91B6-4AB0-80C8-04983F5A9210.jpeg
    566.1 KB · Views: 186
  • C7575DF7-D0A4-4745-ABD5-BF41641C400B.jpeg
    C7575DF7-D0A4-4745-ABD5-BF41641C400B.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 200
  • 6824B183-D346-422F-8B9A-278B9937A816.jpeg
    6824B183-D346-422F-8B9A-278B9937A816.jpeg
    583.6 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: Jcbmally, loftylad, NevMan and 9 others
Wow. Is it an avant? Looks awesome! Is it the 2.0 190 TFSI?
Is yours ibis white?

MORE PICS!

40 TFSI AVANT BE

Wasn’t on my insurance companies database so bit of a struggle insuring it but all sorted now

Reactions: NevMan
40 TFSI AVANT BE

Wasn’t on my insurance companies database so bit of a struggle insuring it but all sorted now

Is it ibis white? Looks beautiful

Have we not already established that they are?
Have we not already established that not everyone reads every post.

Let’s not set a precedent that a question already answered is given short thrift.

Reactions: Psychoscot, tickedon and Norwichjase
However I answered the question, is this not enough?

Mate your responses are normally read the manual etc, some people just want an instant answer without taking time to find it in a book.

Reactions: tickedon and ijachelsea
It's worth a good read, you, and others, might gain some knowledge from it.... ;-)

Reactions: NevMan and ijachelsea
It's worth a good read, you, and others, might gain some knowledge from it.... ;-)

I didn’t say its not worth a read :)

Reactions: tickedon, NevMan, ijachelsea and 1 other person
Would appreciate anyone who has got the new 2.0 tfsi manual engine for first opinions given that this may be my preferred option given its now the only manual available.

Finally collected my car today. No pics yet as it was dark. It drove beautifully though. (2.0 TFSI BE S-tronic)

Reactions: NevMan, Hambee1234, Farhan96 and 5 others

So I got the rate that was agreed at the time of order, this 2.9% with the same deposit contribution as when I ordered end of May. Everything absolutely fine and as agreed, plus a few minor perks. The dealerships certainly aren’t the evil guys here, it’s just that Audi have had major problems and unfortunately the dealerships have therefore basically had to write 2018 off.

Reactions: NevMan, Hambee1234, JonaP and 1 other person