My A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro with DSG - Rattle

r.vad1392

Reaction score
Hello

I have recently bought myself a A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro with DSG. Car has done 90000 miles. Also has a Stage 1 Revo Remap. Not exactly sure what BHP the car produces.

The car has a rattle noise, only happens when accelerating and deaccelerating. I have found a video on YouTube:

Has anyone else experienced this problem, if so, what needs to be done.

Regards
Raj

Sounds like turbo vanes to me, but it’s hard to say. Do you have any boost fault codes or is going into limp mode?

Sounds like turbo vanes to me, but it’s hard to say. Do you have any boost fault codes or is going into limp mode?

Hello, thanks for replying! I haven't connected VCDS for logging yet. Doesn't go into limp mode either. I have done some research and it could possibly be the turbo wastegate actuator. I also do not get any fault codes.

Regards
Raj

Yeah that’s a good shout. The BMW 335i suffers with the same problem. With them there’s a way of adjusting a nut a couple of turns to tighten it, not sure if the same can be done on your car.

If it’s causing no performance issues just monitor it but plan for a new/recon’d turbo in the near future

Reactions: r.vad1392
Yeah that’s a good shout. The BMW 335i suffers with the same problem. With them there’s a way of adjusting a nut a couple of turns to tighten it, not sure if the same can be done on your car.

If it’s causing no performance issues just monitor it but plan for a new/recon’d turbo in the near future

Thanks for your help!