Side exit exhaust

G

gokiwi64

So, back in the day I had a side exit exhaust on my 3ltr Capri, like me it was loud and slightly obnoxious. I want to refresh my fabrication skills and am thinking of making a side exit for FrankenAudi , fully appreciate that it wont add any real power but just looking for opinions as to it being a good idea or not.

Where are you planning to have the tips come out, in front of the rear tyres?
Can see it happening incorporating it into some custom sideskirts. Would definitely be unique.
Probably would be more worried about any part of the exhaust and kit potentially sitting below the body pan.

Side exits can be kerb or road hump catchers. Never had the problem in the Capri days , they didn't exist.

Capri !! my first car was a 1963 Corsair or Ford pubic as they were known :) complete with column change, Sooty will know what i mean, the rest of you ask your grandparents :)

I can beat you there Paddy, my first car was a 1959 Ford 100E with the 3 speed box. Column change was the sought after Short Shifter of the period.

My uncle had a new Corsair 1.5 GT estate, envy of the neighbourhood.

Ha...mine was a 1500 deluxe :) I went all modern after that with my second car... a 1967 BGT :) whenever i walked in to an garage i had to automatically say "new king pins please"...

My dad's car became an early "my car", a 1962 Vauxhall Velox with 3 speed column shift .....