Assistance with MMI firmware/maps update - North East

Hellz

Geordie Racer
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm ok posting this here - apologies in advance if not, I'm not intending to break any house rules!

On another forum (A5OC) there's a thread with the files and instruction for updating the MMI 3g+ / high firmware and maps however, VCDS is required to enable the 'green menu'. I don't have VCDS and its quite expensive therefore I'm hopeful there is someone near Newcastle that can help? Of course, I'll happily support you with beer tokens :)

The procedure for the update(s) look to be laden with complexity (for the uninitiated at least) with a number of people having messed up for some reason or another and in particular where it comes to the Bang & Olufsen setup being present (which I have) therefore, if someone is able to help me do the update I'd be most grateful and again, compensate with beer tokens! :)

My current media version is HN+_EU_AU3G_P0612 and Nav version is 8R0060884AR ECE 6.15.5

Im in peterlee and have carrista which enables that and dial sweep etc

Reactions: Hellz
I'm in the midlands and I've recently upgraded the MMI firmware and maps on my A5. I'm probably not close enough unless you wanted to travel but PM me if you need any help/advice.

You can use the green menu script to enable it. Or use the firmware version with "no sound system". Then you won't get any problems with your B&O.

You can directly update to 942. No need to update in steps. All the other fixes are implemented in the update.

And for the map, just install it in the same way as the firmware update. You don't have to erase your partition. The map data automatically cleans the designated folder before copying.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Thanks RJ - sounds so easy all of a sudden when you put it like that, 70 pages of posts on this elsewhere makes it seem complicated.

I hadn't considered CarIsta but for the price it seems pretty reasonable. Thanks for the offer youngy and the hint - going to look into carista then seek support where needed - much appreciated all.

Little advice

You can also update tot p1001 if you have an A6/7/8. That update is een great improvement! Everything is way faster, also loading the navigation is way faster.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Ordered carista - should arrive tomorrow then I'll give this a whirl. Cheers folk