Turbo Flutter noise ??

norad97

Reaction score
Hi,
I am still running my 1.8T Sport, now has 203426 miles, I should have another car by now, but cannot find the right one, missed 2 good ones, A4 2.0TFSI Speicial Edition prefer 2007 Model.

Anyway, I am getting flutter from the Turbo, even reving the engine, and when driving the boost is not comimg in correctly, I used to be able to pull about 15PSI, now i strugge to get over 5 PSI ( I have a boost Gauge fitted)
The car accelerates like the clutch is slipping, the the boost picks up.
Tick over boost gauge reads good.
I am thinking it might be the Diverter Valve sticking, I am running a Hyperboost and never touched it since I fitted it many years ago.
I will check all pipes this weekend for leaks, and help from you guts would help.

Hi, I was looking for one, Audi gave me part No 034 145 710C,
is the 710P the one to go for, anyone got one for sale?

Hi thanks,
Yes the engine has been great, had two lots of cam belts, never had any major engine work done.
The AEB engine on my car was built well, not sure I can say the same on later cars. Did change the oil pump @ 194,000 using genuine part.
There was no sludge on the strainer, just wear, I always change the oil and filter myself using Fuchs Supersyn 5W-40.

Reactions: WesT-gefül
And yet people still think it’s ok for 20k oil changes. Simple oil changes can make all the difference. What mileage do you change the oil at?

Hi, Fault now fixed, turned out to be small hose on top of diverter vale had split, even thow its made of silcone.
I replaced the main hose on the turbo years ago with a silicone, but i always found it alot wider than the audi one, and more difficult to access.
I also found the main hose has been rubbing on the headlight and starting wear the pipe.
I really need to find a way to secure the pipe with the cone filter attached, such as a heatshield mod, any one got anything for sale???