Alloys and wheel fitment for 19” on b9

WesT-gefül

Reaction score
Have a set of 19” on the b9 with Et35 8.5j alloys, wrapped in 255/35/19. No issues. Is this ok? If I’m not mistaken OEM is Et35 8j with 245/. Should I drop down to 245/35/19 when replacing the tyres or just keep running my setup. Also would 245 be ok on the 8.5j alloy if I decided to change. Thoughts? Thanks.

Standard on the S4 is 19", ET40 8.5j with 245/35/19 tyres. You'd be fine with the above setup though and will bring the wheels/tyres more in line with the arches too.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you were already running them. Either 255 or 245 will work but don't mix and match front to rear or I imagine that it could cause issues with the ABS/traction control system in a worst case scenario as they have different rolling radius' in that case.

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Definitely won’t be mixing them up. Got it with 255/35/19 already on. I have the original alloys also which I want to use as a winter setup. Really bad tyres on the car at the moment (not my choice). Widow makers! Just asking for the next set. Will Audi have a issue here? 255/

Going for Goodyear F1-ASY3. Got a gearbox to get warranty work done. Found it leaking pretty badly today.
IMG 1597

Audi shouldn't have an issue I wouldn't have thought...

Are tyre pressures for the various sizes not on the edge of your driver's door?

Audi shouldn't have an issue I wouldn't have thought...

Are tyre pressures for the various sizes not on the edge of your driver's door?

Just don’t want to give them any excuse to wriggle out re warranty.

Yes the sticker is there but nothing for 19”
588d0c314a13fdfc06c7965019c65ded.jpg

Just don’t want to give them any excuse to wriggle out re warranty.

Yes the sticker is there but nothing for 19”
588d0c314a13fdfc06c7965019c65ded.jpg

Ah. Makes sense as to why you’re asking then! Haha.

Here’s mine which has them on for you:

ec92d9f5e788c5f59e3bf0145bd2cea4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

were these wheels with the 255 tyres the ones on the car when you got it or have you changed them yourself?

ah ok, that explains it then. Not aware of 255 being supplied with any A4 but possibly A5 or Q5. Unless you have spacers on as well you may need to check that there are no clearance issues at full lock. Just mentioning it as I thought clearance with 245 was supposed to be too tight to allow even slimline snowchains which would be 10mm or less.

ah ok, that explains it then. Not aware of 255 being supplied with any A4 but possibly A5 or Q5. Unless you have spacers on as well you may need to check that there are no clearance issues at full lock. Just mentioning it as I thought clearance with 245 was supposed to be too tight to allow even slimline snowchains which would be 10mm or less.

Yes it’s not stock. Was querying the 255/ in terms of warranty. The gearbox has a really bad leak and I don’t want Audi to make any excuses. Going in at the end of the month.

No spacers. The alloys are the correct bore also. I wouldn’t use any of that on my car.

If I drop to 245/ on these 8.5j rims I was worried about the lip for protection but the S4 has 8.5j 19” stock rims so should be ok. That’ll also give me a stock Audi size of 245/35/19. It’ll also give me an excuse to get rid of the rubbish widow maker tyres I currently have on.

Here is the difference between my alloys and the S4 setup. Very little in it.

My alloys. Running 255/35/19 ET35
S4 alloys. Running 245/35/19 ET40
769d6af85ae546f6a6e4678aaea9c9b4.jpg

7da45f197678aa8c39d142c0428749fd.jpg

e778b8867721bedd42965d524055cd96.jpg

I think for the alloy protection from the tyres, that can depend a lot on the tyre as well as the size. The stock 245 width Hankooks on my S4 have really good protection for the wheel. I found this out when I took a corner too tight and clipped a curb coming off a roundabout on my test drive. Shunted the car over and I figured I'd destroyed the alloy but the tyre took the hit and the alloy was untouched. So a +1 to the Hankooks on that front. Haha

I think for the alloy protection from the tyres, that can depend a lot on the tyre as well as the size. The stock 245 width Hankooks on my S4 have really good protection for the wheel. I found this out when I took a corner too tight and clipped a curb coming off a roundabout on my test drive. Shunted the car over and I figured I'd destroyed the alloy but the tyre took the hit and the alloy was untouched. So a +1 to the Hankooks on that front. Haha

Im glad you told me about the 8.5j width on the S4. I’ll be moving to 245/. The Goodyear tyres f1 asy3 in 245/ come with flange protection whereas the 255/ don’t. Will be better to go stock in the size.

Hankook have now moved into the premium side of things. What I like about the Goodyear f1 asy3 is they wear really well by reviews, second to Michelin P4S.

My pleasure, sounds like it might help you out a little bit at least! :)

I have to say that I've been pleasantly surprised by the Hankooks after initially being a bit snobby towards them. I ran winter tyres for 5 months over the winter and so I've probably only done about 5k miles on them total but they still have just over 6mm of tread as measured by Audi a couple weeks ago so the wear rate seems not too bad.

Yes you’ve definitely helped me out. The pressure ratings was a nightmare. Couldn’t find it anywhere. Audi don’t give you much in the way of specs or info in the manual. Like specs for oil, bulbs etc.

I know what you mean re tyre brands. Hankook have now improved their compounds and if you think about it secured OEM for Audi. Audi wouldn’t put weak tyres on. Nokian is also a lesser known brand that’s good. More known for their winters. Had them on another car which was great in the rain. Nokian Zline. Although wear on these tyres is a weak point. The Goodyear for me are great bang for your £. Had the Nokian’s not lacked in mileage I would have picked them. Falken have also made a comeback with the FK510. Check out their reviews.

Reactions: Daggerit