Audi S3 Service

krish123

Reaction score
Hi All,

so my 2017 S3 is due its first service next month, so far I have a quote from Coventry Audi for £207, does this seem reasonable?

I have been thinking since and was wondering about getting an Audi service plan. I have a 4 year PCP on my car so was wondering if this would be beneficial?

Also will my main service be due after 2 years owning the car? I will owned the car for 1 year next month.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't think S/RS cars could have a service plan (at least this is what I was told when I bought the car).

£207 sounds reasonable though.

Assuming the car is on a fixed schedule then it will probably just have an oil change now and an oil change / inspection next year. Attached a document of additional work also.
Capture
Capture1

My car had its 1st and service* at 2 years old (19k miles), oil change/inspection, dust and pollen filter. Audi UK paid for this but the invoice from the dealer was like £500....

*there is no record of anything being done prior to me purchasing the car at 13k~ miles.

£207 is less than many dealers quote but still too much for an oil change.

My dealer quoted £275 for oil change and inspection service at 18k miles but price matched an independent at £140.

Yh too much for the job but for dealer not bad.

We have a good independent VASS garage in my town I will get a quote from them tmoz.

I guess the only downside if I go that route is that I won’t get the Audi stamp?

Hi All,

so my 2017 S3 is due its first service next month, so far I have a quote from Coventry Audi for £207, does this seem reasonable?

I have been thinking since and was wondering about getting an Audi service plan. I have a 4 year PCP on my car so was wondering if this would be beneficial?

Also will my main service be due after 2 years owning the car? I will owned the car for 1 year next month.

Thanks in advance.
My quotes for 1st service and inspection have all been £300 plus

A friend had a quote for their Seat Mii £180 by Cov Listers so your one sounds good.

I'll bear that quote from Coventry in mind when mine goes into Birmingham later in the year and see how theirs compares, as it's the same group.

Yep,

Gonna ring this independent garage tomorrow see how there quote compares, if not much different I will go to Audi themselves

What I did was to email the garage with a list of items needing done that I got from Audi UK.

They replied with their quote and I sent that to the Audi dealer. Audi matched the quote even though it was half of what they quoted.

What I did was to email the garage with a list of items needing done that I got from Audi UK.

They replied with their quote and I sent that to the Audi dealer. Audi matched the quote even though it was half of what they quoted.
Could you post the list? Might come in handy for others.

Here is the message from Audi UK for first flexible service. Note my car is 1.0tfsi, I doubt other versions are much different.
Dealer said pollen filter was not due to 40k miles.

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the servicing information for the above vehicle.

Your vehicle is on the Flexible Service schedule:-

Recommended for: More than 10,000 miles per annum
Motorway and main road driving
Mainly longer distance journeys

Oil-change service: Variable to a maximum of 19,000 miles*/ 2 years

Inspection service: Fixed to every 19,000 miles*/ 2 years, which ever comes first.

The inspection service schedule includes:-

Oil and filter change
Tyre inspection
Brake inspection
Electronic Vehicle Health Check
Exterior light inspection
Interior light inspection
Windscreen wipers and washers inspection
Seat belts inspection
Body panels inspection
Warning Triangle inspection
First aid kit inspection
Wheel (incl spare) inspection
Bonnet Latch inspection
Cooling system inspection
Engine, gearbox, final drive and steering inspection
Front and rear axles inspection
Underbody check
Pollen filter replacement

I hope this information is helpful and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Thank you for contacting Audi UK.

Reactions: oli356
So i just got quoted £150 from my local VASS garage, much better than dealer price.

Are there any downsides of going for independent garage like this?

They use all genuine Audi parts.

Not all indies can update the online service records if you care about that.

No free coffee and courtesy car too :)

"Courtesy" car is £15 at Edinburgh Audi.

Try to get Audi to price match, that way you get Audi service at a sensible price.

I would have no hesitation using Indy as long as it is convenient for you.

"Courtesy" car is £15 at Edinburgh Audi.

Try to get Audi to price match, that way you get Audi service at a sensible price.

I would have no hesitation using Indy as long as it is convenient for you.
Heard mixed things on the courtesy car.. one dealer said I would have to pay while they had my car for MMI diagnostic work because "the car is still driveable", at Audi Reading though I've not had to pay for a courtesy car, though it seems like the cars are limited so expect to wait a few more weeks for a slot.