Just changed my 8P for a 8V

C

Cornish John

Well after six years of being the proud owner of a super 8PA its now been PXed and have a 8V.
Its been a blast, having done 250,456 miles and NEVER let me down!
Yes my A3 2.0 TDI CR 170bhp 2010 plate, never gave me any trouble, even driving from Cornwall to Stockport didn't miss a beat!

Same Turbo, EGR, DPF, Clutch & HEX.
Just change the oil every 5000 to 8000 miles, was the secret I'm sure.

Lets hope the 2014 plate will be half as good!!

John.

Attachments

• 7B7F9241-C0F4-4BD5-BA1C-6E1894FB9FD6.JPG
    7B7F9241-C0F4-4BD5-BA1C-6E1894FB9FD6.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 149
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: D7YAB and lea323ci
Fair play nice looking motors good to see you sticking with it. My question is: What's your opinion of the different chassis how does it feel in comparison with the 8P?

Also interested to hear your comparison between the two..

I have owned two A4 in the past, both different chassis, and now two A3, again different chassis.
Its funny with all of them, all have a very similar "Audi" feel, but all are different years, but you get the same feel and smell if you know what I mean.

The old A3 was a 170bhp 8PA, this one is 150bhp.
I have found the older 170bhp would **** all over the new one, yes its got 20bhp more, but its chalk and cheese.
Plus the 8PA was a fun fun fun drive!

That said, the newer 8V has more toys built in and it uses much less fuel and does not rev as high, as the older 8PA.

Early days yet, but the 8V is a winner and I like it more each day, it will be getting mapped!!

I have owned two A4 in the past, both different chassis, and now two A3, again different chassis.
Its funny with all of them, all have a very similar "Audi" feel, but all are different years, but you get the same feel and smell if you know what I mean.

The old A3 was a 170bhp 8PA, this one is 150bhp.
I have found the older 170bhp would **** all over the new one, yes its got 20bhp more, but its chalk and cheese.
Plus the 8PA was a fun fun fun drive!

That said, the newer 8V has more toys built in and it uses much less fuel and does not rev as high, as the older 8PA.

Early days yet, but the 8V is a winner and I like it more each day, it will be getting mapped!!

I assume you have a 1.4 150ps? I had a 125ps with a Dtuk unit , gave around 150-159 and reved very well. Your right about service/ oil changes most of today’s cars will last around 175-250k given the right use the diesel’s need to be used like a petrol and you’ll never have a DMF and DP problem .
I’m selling my S3 cos since we moved to Hampshire traffic is soo slow it is a waste (was in Wiltshire faster unmonitored roads ) trying to find a A3 Etron instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I assume you have a 1.4 150ps? I had a 125ps with a Dtuk unit , gave around 150-159 and reved very well. Your right about service/ oil changes most of today’s cars will last around 175-250k given the right use the diesel’s need to be used like a petrol and you’ll never have a DMF and DP problem .
I’m selling my S3 cos since we moved to Hampshire traffic is soo slow it is a waste (was in Wiltshire faster unmonitored roads ) trying to find a A3 Etron instead

Its the 148bhp 2.0tdi.
Great for open roads in Cornwall, but when I took the older 8PA up North to part ex I got a nice speeding ticket in the post!
I have been done for doing 81mph in a 70mph on the motorway, I was going with the flow of traffic, ****** joke!!

Its the 148bhp 2.0tdi.
Great for open roads in Cornwall, but when I took the older 8PA up North to part ex I got a nice speeding ticket in the post!
I have been done for doing 81mph in a 70mph on the motorway, I was going with the flow of traffic, ****** joke!!

Know the feeling!! Hampshire coastal roads are up and down regarding speed lot of them implied could be 30 40 or even 50 got done for doing 34 on a dual carriageway.......

ha ha its the same everywhere, i got done for 55mph on an empty M25.....

ha ha its the same everywhere, i got done for 55mph on an empty M25.....

Hear the latest from SNP trying for a blanket 20mph In town village and cities (I’ve no problem with around schools etc) but that should put the pollution levels up !!!

Hear the latest from SNP trying for a blanket 20mph In town village and cities (I’ve no problem with around schools etc) but that should put the pollution levels up !!!

Totally agree.

Be happy to go 20 or even 10 around schools or hospitals etc.

But 20mph around town everywhere is a ****** joke.